Intel Galileo board

HoyeBoye

Jul 8, 2014, 11:32:03 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Microsoft is giving away some Intel Galileo boards. I've signed up and will post with more info later.

Anyone used one of these?

Chris Weiss

Jul 9, 2014, 9:19:52 AM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I haven't, but the reviews I've seen say the GPIOs are slow, much
slower than an rPi. I also heard they are completely swamped with
signups. My guess is that unless you're an Important Person of
Interest (ie: a notable blogger or tech industry writer) that signing
up now isn't going to net you one.

Brad Tissi

Jul 9, 2014, 1:35:27 PM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, interesting nonetheless. For someone like me that doesn't actively keep up with this, I appreciate it.

Thank you

HoyeBoye

Jul 10, 2014, 9:34:05 AM7/10/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It seems like Microsoft want this device to be like RPi, but with Windows. I'm really curious what the dev kit is like.