Last-minute Murmuration Info

Diane Sudduth

Sep 23, 2016, 11:51:06 AM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
The Maker Area and Rube Goldberg Area of Murmuration will run from 10am to 7pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.

Please print out the attached Volunteer Parking Pass and bring it with you.   Please see the map on the pass for the location of the lot.   It is located a few short blocks from Ikea just off Forest Park Parkway.

IF you receive any "grief" from any Murmuration Staff please tell them that you are an Arch Reactor person working the Rube Goldberg event (tell them this even if you're working the booth)    Also tell them that AR is working with Julie to resolve some confusion as regards volunteers.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please feel free to call me at 314-443-7989 and I will try to resolve.

We are supposed to receive 6 to 8 all-access passes for our volunteers to Share.   We were promised this as our "payment" for working the event.   I'm still working on acquiring these passes but am going to be stubborn about it.  :-)

This is the first Murmuration Festival and we expected some pretty large speed bumps.  I'm doing my best to knock them down as soon as they are discovered.   Please be patient.   Please come help.   Please come have fun!!

Diane  <*>

P.S.  We're loading the truck about 5pm at AR and heading to the site for unload/set-up by 6pm.  Want to come help?

We will also need a few people to stick around after 5pm Sunday to help break-down our displays and load the truck.
volunteer parking pass.pdf

Morganism

Sep 23, 2016, 12:05:18 PM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
I was just reading the Volunteer packet they sent out. They talk about conduct while wearing your volunteer t-shirt. Are we going to be wearing volunteer t-shirts? Do we have permission to wear AR shirts? I would prefer Arch Reactor shirts, if possible.

Diane Sudduth

Sep 23, 2016, 12:23:00 PM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
Correction!

The Rube Goldberg Area will close at 5pm on Saturday.    The booth will remain open until 7pm on Saturday.

Both will close at 5pm on Sunday.    We will pack up, load, and depart as soon as we can after 5pm on Sunday evening.

Diane  <*>

Diane Sudduth

Sep 23, 2016, 12:25:47 PM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
Please wear your Arch Reactor gear if you have it.

If you don't have Arch Reactor gear and have "geeky/nerdy/creative/maker" wear, please wear that.

Personally I'd suggest you NOT wear the Volunteer shirt they are giving out while at the festival.

I've been fielding organizational calls this morning to clarify things.   Please try to be patient with this first-time event.   It's a rocky road but we will prevail!

I can be reached at 314-443-7989 if you have any urgent concerns or encounter difficulties.

Diane  <*>

Jim S

Sep 23, 2016, 1:00:08 PM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
Diane,

Thanks for all your work on this!  Wondering if we should post the parking pass on this public site.  Google and others may find it.  Maybe just email it to those we know are coming and/or post it on the private list.

Diane

Sep 23, 2016, 1:40:49 PM9/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's posted on the discussion site at least twice and there are a few printed copies on the lab tables at AR

Diane  <*>

Chris Weiss

Sep 23, 2016, 1:51:34 PM9/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
they gave me the impression that i would receive a music pass at check-in at the volunteer table.  there was no mention of "all access".

hopefully the can have groups such as ours register as a team in bulk in the future.

Diane

Sep 23, 2016, 2:18:28 PM9/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We have been told a half-dozen different things during this process.  First-year speed bumps

I'm just off the phone with another person in charge.  We'll be able to see music and talks as we wish

Diane  <*>

On Sep 23, 2016, at 12:51 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

they gave me the impression that i would receive a music pass at check-in at the volunteer table.  there was no mention of "all access".

hopefully the can have groups such as ours register as a team in bulk in the future.

Colleen Forrest

Sep 23, 2016, 4:32:34 PM9/23/16
to Arch Reactor
I'll be available for setting up tonight at 6:30 tonight. Can meet you at the Cortex. Will you still need me then?