Aluminum Rail Bulk Purchase

Ice086

Jul 28, 2016, 11:16:43 AM7/28/16
to Arch Reactor
Hey Folks,

I am working out a deal with a supplier for some 2 meter by 40mm x 40mm rail. In order to get what I need at 2 meters it has to be a bulk only purchase of 20 pieces. I only need 6 pieces of the rail but the total cost, with shipping, comes out to $19.50. If anyone is interested and we can get enough people to go in on the order then I can get it placed.

Here is a link to the shorter product.

The rail does work with OpenBuilds products (wheels, T-Nuts, plates, etc). The longest that OpenBuilds offers of this rail is 1500mm (1.5m) which would make this stuff great for big projects.

Let me know below if your interested!

Travis Megee

Jul 28, 2016, 11:48:30 AM7/28/16
to Arch Reactor
Just to clarify the pricing, it breaks down to $19.50 for each 2m piece meaning the total cost for 20 pieces is $390?

Ice086

Jul 28, 2016, 11:57:42 AM7/28/16
to Arch Reactor
Total cost is $390 but I am covering $117 of it plus any additional fees that might occur.

The price may go down slightly but that was the higher quote after shipping costs. Once the order is placed is might decrease.

Travis Megee

Jul 28, 2016, 12:07:13 PM7/28/16
to Arch Reactor
Thanks for clarifying!

Tony Strawhun

Jul 28, 2016, 12:12:45 PM7/28/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Please sign me up for 3 pieces

Tony

Xsfx2000

Jul 29, 2016, 6:42:05 AM7/29/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

3 also, please.

Xsfx2000

Jul 29, 2016, 6:42:58 AM7/29/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

-Lloyd

Brad Tissi

Jul 29, 2016, 7:25:11 AM7/29/16
to Arch Reactor
Hold on for a bit. My company sells extrusion of all types, but I don't know what our price would be off hand. Let me check.

Do you care what style it is as long as it's 40mm?

Ice086

Jul 29, 2016, 9:46:24 AM7/29/16
to Arch Reactor
The stuff that I am looking at purchasing is a knock off version of OpenBuilds 40mm x 40mm rail that is 2 meters long. Openbuilds only sells a maximum of 1500mm due to the tolerances they try to keep with their quality control. The rail is a V slot type of extrusion which is good because it works with all OpenBuilds products which use V slot wheels that nest into the grooves of the channels.

Unfortunately, this won't work with other types of extrusion like Misumi, 80/20, Octanorm, etc.

Also, Baxter sucks at tic tac toe.