Small Surveillance System

17 wyświetleń

Tom Blevins

nieprzeczytany,
16 paź 2015, 21:18:1716.10.2015
do Arch Reactor
I have a client that has a small business running a car wash. He wants a small camera and a recorder trained on his token machine. I know I can do this with a raspberry pi or an arduino but I need to use a commercially available unit. So any recommendations?
-Tom

EschewObfuscation

nieprzeczytany,
16 paź 2015, 21:33:3216.10.2015
do Arch Reactor
palm video offers a line of nannycams, basically just a solid state dvr plopped into various consumer goods. Audio is disabled, based on some arguable interpretations of law, but they sell a "kit" unit, just the guts. Camera, wifi, records to an sd card, triggers on motion detect. Image quality is decent. Software quality is horrible (obviously chinese authored), student quality work with an awful manual. Clearly has capabilities palmvid doesn't understand and can't explain (eg they have no idea what the ftp menu is all about, and the manual doesn't even mention it). But basic function is there, once you have fiddled with it long enough.

Nathan Schrenk

nieprzeczytany,
19 paź 2015, 12:58:2819.10.2015
do arch-r...@googlegroups.com
For a camera, I've used a few Dahua branded network cameras such as those in the links below and I've been happy enough with them:

For a recorder, if he just has one or two cameras you might want to look at Blue Iris software (~$50?) running on a Windows box.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Tom Blevins <topazc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a client that has a small business running a car wash. He wants a small camera and a recorder trained on his token machine. I know I can do this with a raspberry pi or an arduino but I need to use a commercially available unit. So any recommendations?
-Tom

Brad Tissi

nieprzeczytany,
20 paź 2015, 09:23:2720.10.2015
do Arch Reactor, nat...@schrenk.org
If you'd like to stick with open source, iSpy is free. You can port-forward the local webpage for remote access. The only thing that you'd miss for not having a hosted subscription is sms alerts. But an e-mail to sms service like google voice would fix that.
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż
Nowe wiadomości: 0