3D printer policy

William Andersen

Aug 18, 2017, 12:46:37 PM8/18/17
to Arch Reactor
My wife and I just moved, and sadly our 3d printer was a victim of the moving process. It will need some repair...

I wanted to print a project on short notice, and I was wondering what the policy is on members using 3d printers? We can provide our own filament, but I'm wondering which printers are OK to use and which ones work best?

-Will

Myles Farrell

Aug 18, 2017, 1:16:05 PM8/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The policy is go for it if you know how to work a 3d printer. There is a box of extra filament down there that is up for grabs, but it is asked that if you use a lot of it that you bring in a spool. Or you can provide your own. Last I knew the Griffin was torn apart for upgrade leaving the other two. The other delta only produces mediocre results so I think your best bet is the Taz cartesian. This printer takes 3mm filament. I should be down there this afternoon and tomorrow if you guys need any help.

Myles

William Andersen

Aug 18, 2017, 6:25:34 PM8/18/17
to Arch Reactor
Thanks Myles. I'm afraid we don't own any 3mm filament, but I might be able to get my hands on some.

We won't be there tonight, but tomorrow, when will you be there? During the Stray Haven Crafting? I don't expect we'll need any help, but good planning never hurts.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM, William Andersen <arboreal...@gmail.com> wrote:
My wife and I just moved, and sadly our 3d printer was a victim of the moving process. It will need some repair...

I wanted to print a project on short notice, and I was wondering what the policy is on members using 3d printers? We can provide our own filament, but I'm wondering which printers are OK to use and which ones work best?

-Will

Myles Farrell

Aug 18, 2017, 6:49:45 PM8/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Micro center sells 3 mm, but if it is a small print then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not exactly sure when I'll be down tomorrow, but probably from mid morning/ noon until early evening. Yeah I mean if you guys own one then you will probably be fine running one. They do sometimes have their own quarks though. For instance, using those two exclusively I've notice 185F works well for the Taz, but I need a minimum of 215F to get a decent print on the griffin. Same model, same material... who knows why. They'll be plug and play consistent eventually.

William Andersen