Program at St. Louis Public Library

Andrea Johnson

Feb 4, 2015, 1:51:47 PM2/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I work in Creative Experience at St. Louis Public Library. I have visited Arch Reactor before, as well as seen your booth at Maker Faire Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone from Arch Reactor would be interested in presenting a program at the Library. My work email is ajoh...@slpl.org and my phone is 880-8593. I hope we can work on something together. Thanks, Andrea

th...@attackvector.org

Feb 4, 2015, 5:32:46 PM2/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 12:51:47 UTC-6, Andrea Johnson wrote:
> Hello, I work in Creative Experience at St. Louis Public Library. I have visited Arch Reactor before, as well as seen your booth at Maker Faire Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone from Arch Reactor would be interested in presenting a program at the Library. My work email is ajoh...@slpl.org and my phone is 880-8593. I hope we can work on something together. Thanks, Andrea

Andrea, I'd happily do something at the library.

All the best,
Thom G. Hastings, Jr.

Andrea Johnson

Feb 5, 2015, 6:19:27 PM2/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! The way that planning at the Library works, we wouldn't be able to plan something until June at the earliest. Is that too far off from now? Do you want to meet to discuss some ideas? Let me know what you're thinking. Thanks.

Chris Weiss

Feb 5, 2015, 8:38:43 PM2/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
what does presenting at the library entail? would it be like an
intimate workshop or class, or like a ted talk scale presentation?

Brad Tissi

Feb 6, 2015, 9:55:29 AM2/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that I'll have time, but this is something that I'd like to do more of.

Andrea Johnson

Feb 6, 2015, 10:21:32 AM2/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, it could really be what you want it to be. I would say something more like an intimate workshop or class, but we could also set up a presentation. I know that Arch Reactor has done programs with St. Louis County Library and the Science Center. I don't know the details of those programs, but I would say something similar to that. The program could also be for teens, adults, or open to everyone. We do have a regular group of teens that comes to the library and they have been working with Lego Mindstorms weekly, and last summer they built an arcade cabinet with our Director of Technology. The Arcade cabinet lives in our Teen Lounge. They might be a good group to do a workshop or class with. But I'm really open to hearing what anyone has in mind. Thanks!

Chris Weiss

Feb 6, 2015, 10:36:28 AM2/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
sounds great, we have some thing coming down the pipe that would work
well with that, but it's too early to announce just yet.

Andrea Johnson

Feb 6, 2015, 6:00:57 PM2/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok. That sounds exciting. I'll keep in touch about it. Thanks!