Technician Class Ham Radio Cram Session March 10 - 11th

Kyle Krieg

Feb 7, 2018, 11:22:52 AM2/7/18
to Arch Reactor
The St. Louis Suburban Radio Club is having a technician class (entry level) cram session on March 10 - 11th at MoBap hospital.  This cram session is "not how to build a clock, but teach you how to tell time".  Prior study is highly suggested to pass the exam.  You don't have to take the exam but testing will be held on Sunday around 1 to 2pm.  You DON'T need any prior electronics experience to pass the exam.  With a little bit of study, you pass the exam easily.

If you don't know anything about ham radio, you can learn more about it here : http://www.arrl.org/what-is-ham-radio

A good study book for the technician class license is the following  : https://www.amazon.com/Technician-2014-18-Element-License-Preparation/dp/0945053797/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518020081&sr=8-1&keywords=gordon+west+technician+class.  This book provides questions and answers from the testing pool.

Please use the email on the website to register as spaces fill up.

We do offer upgrade classes (General & Extra) later in the year.  Be looking for those.  Also, come to a meeting.  They are free.  Meeting info can be found here : http://www.slsrc.org/meeting-info/

Yes, I was the one at the AR business meeting last night (Feb 6th).  Feel free to ask questions.  We (SLSRC) hopefully will be scheduling a "ham radio open house" at the space sometime late spring, early summer to demo some cool ham radio stuff.