Peoria Bot Brawl 18 date is set 8/11/18

Derek Sigler

Apr 12, 2018, 9:44:55 AM4/12/18
to ArchReactor
Bot Brawl and the Makerfest is set for August 11th.  I'm planning to participate.  If you too are in start planning now.  At least a drawing is required for registration.  1 pound bots will likely fill up quickly after registration opens.  I'll forward any information I receive to the AR list.

Apr 12, 2018, 11:58:01 AM4/12/18
to Arch Reactor
I want to put in a plug for this event: it is really fun and worth the drive up to Peoria. Last year I took my sons (who were age 10 and 11) to watch Derek and Harlan compete, and see all the other bot fights and the exhibits at Midwest MakerFest. My sons and I had a great time.

I would really like to go again this year, but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to or not since we'll be getting back from a long vacation a few days before that.

Nathan

Tom Blevins

Apr 12, 2018, 10:18:02 PM4/12/18
to Arch Reactor
I am planning on attending but can't fully commit to a month before.

-Tom

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/808602422.1460372.1523540691404%40mail.yahoo.com.

William Andersen

Apr 13, 2018, 11:26:19 AM4/13/18
to Arch Reactor
A friend of mine and I were already planning on taking a bot to this event, so we'll be there.

William Andersen

Apr 16, 2018, 1:55:13 PM4/16/18
to Arch Reactor
Derek,

Would it be helpful for you to have some grant money for the battlebots program you are involved in? If so, I am working on an application to the Boeing ECF and could use your input. See the thread I just posted.