Build Tuesday's

Tony Strawhun

Jan 17, 2017, 12:23:23 AM1/17/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Arch Reactor members and friends,

This is a friendly reminder that tomorrow (Jan 17) will be a Build Tuesday. Please plan to bring work clothes and be ready to help build out our home away from home on Scott Ave. There are plenty of projects for all skill levels and abilities.

At the January business meeting it was announced that the third Tuesday off each month would be declared a Build Tuesday, where the scheduled activity is to tackle projects around the space that would normally be tackled on weekends build days. This offered the advantage of being during the week and being a set date each month for scheduling.

See everyone tomorrow.

Derek Sigler

Jan 17, 2017, 10:33:25 AM1/17/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will be hanging conduit in the basement and could use 2 helpers.  I will be running a little late, but plan to start at 8:30.
Thanks,
-derek

Nathan Schrenk

Jan 17, 2017, 10:41:42 AM1/17/17
to Arch Reactor
I plan to be there by 7:30 and will help out with whatever needs more hands, either Derek's basement conduit project, or something else.

Nathan

Derek Sigler

Jan 17, 2017, 10:53:01 AM1/17/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The classroom drywall is near 1/2 done.  We have decided, if possible, to drywall over the exposed column.  We've also decided to not insulate the small freestanding wall, it can be dry walled.

Derek Sigler

Jan 18, 2017, 9:55:45 AM1/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for all extra build out work last night.  Between running conduit, plumbing the water heater, powering the mill and hanging drywall we accomplished a lot in one night.  Again, Thanks.

Di

Jan 18, 2017, 10:57:02 AM1/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the lesson in how to wire an electrical outlet!   Always wanted to learn, and now I have!

Diane  <*>

Nathan Schrenk

Jan 18, 2017, 4:25:22 PM1/18/17
to Arch Reactor
Derek,

Thanks for organizing part of the work. I was happy to see so many people helping and the progress that was made. I look forward to a more finished space after a few more of these build nights! It'll be great to have a functioning classroom.

Nathan

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 8:55 AM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all extra build out work last night.  Between running conduit, plumbing the water heater, powering the mill and hanging drywall we accomplished a lot in one night.  Again, Thanks.

Myles Farrell

Jan 18, 2017, 6:12:49 PM1/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thank you everyone for the help. We accomplished a ton. As alluded to we got power to the mill and it is running, mostly. The x drive motor is NOT working properly, so it is a 100% manual mill for now. Also I have not completely squared up the head so the finish is only ok. All that being said the main motor is working and it can be used if you have previously been trained to use one. If you have not been trained to use one I ask that you refrain until the class I am teaching in a couple weeks. Side note on the class. The more I prep for the class the more info I remember needs to be covered. There will likely be multiple levels of class with mills 1 only covering safety, setup, and basic basic operations. Remember some people go to college for 2 years to be an entry level machinist, we can't cover everything in 2 hours.

Myles Farrell

Jan 23, 2017, 1:23:23 PM1/23/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sam, Nate, and I tore down the power feed last night and located the problem. The mill is now full functional.

Amberly Brown

Jan 23, 2017, 1:28:09 PM1/23/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well done!

When can we expect to see a class/classes on the proper use of this excellent piece of equipment?

Thanks

Amberly

Myles Farrell

Jan 23, 2017, 3:48:07 PM1/23/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Amberly Brown

Jan 23, 2017, 3:55:27 PM1/23/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That might actually be doable. :) Thanks!

Amberly