Space Build Night

Myles Farrell

Apr 16, 2018, 11:00:57 AM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
So I have a personal conflict tomorrow night and won't be able to make it to the space to lead build night. If there is anyone who wants to lead it in my stead let me know by this afternoon or I'm going to send out a cancellation notice.

Chris Weiss

Apr 16, 2018, 11:14:19 AM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure we can manage, are there priorities?

for non-shop related, I'd like to see the class room returned to something like a classroom, and the one burned in TV replaced.

Frank Kallal

Apr 16, 2018, 11:17:05 AM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Having the Classroom "More Usable" would be a Boon to Boardgame day this month.

I may make it out, but i'm not sure yet. If this was on the Docket it would definitely be a + in my argument to sneak outa the house :) and make the drive down

Fk

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure we can manage, are there priorities?

for non-shop related, I'd like to see the class room returned to something like a classroom, and the one burned in TV replaced.

Myles Farrell

Apr 16, 2018, 11:33:02 AM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My thought was to build the 4th wall for the classroom, but I bought materials to meet a very specific plan. I'm not sure I'll have time to sketch out that plan well enough to explain it before then. Other than that yeah setting up the classroom more. Maybe hanging the projector so it shoots on to the wall backing the metal chop saw, figuring out the sound system, and I did by 2 new sheets of melamine to hang as a white board between the TVs. I also grabbed turtle wax for these. I read turtle wax keeps the melamine from ghosting and getting cloudy with different colors, so once they are hung they could get a coat and a good buffing. Finally I donated two boxes of dry erase crayons (didn't know that was a thing until I read the suggestion). Apparently these won't ghost at all and don't dry out. They could use a laser cut wall box to keep them and a rag near the boards. Another higher priority is the dust collector if there are people comfortable with electrical stuff. We had to steal power from it to hook up the table saw. There is conduit under the shop heater to run it from the box above the table saw to the existing switch behind the collector. Wire has been pulled from the breaker box to above the table saw. So the only things that need to be done are hang conduit from the junction box to the switch, feed the wire the last 15 feet, and install the breaker. I'm sure there is more, but that is probably enough for tomorrow.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure we can manage, are there priorities?

for non-shop related, I'd like to see the class room returned to something like a classroom, and the one burned in TV replaced.

travis...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2018, 2:14:34 PM4/16/18
to Arch Reactor
I'll be there tomorrow night. Wasn't really sure what build out needed to happen besides dust collector power. I personally avoid doing 220v power without supervision.

We should probably hold off on classroom doors until you can get a plan out. I will gladly help organize a classroom cleaning night. Other wise I was just going to install the router lift in the table saw and other things pertaining to my shop organization crusade.

Chris Weiss

Apr 16, 2018, 2:17:29 PM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
220 is just 2 110 lines next to each other.  I suck at conduit, so if that gets run i can help connect it.  assuming I can figure out the 3 phase adapter thing again, I recall that not being clear.

Myles Farrell

Apr 16, 2018, 2:22:31 PM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Conduit should be just one 90 degree bend.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
220 is just 2 110 lines next to each other.  I suck at conduit, so if that gets run i can help connect it.  assuming I can figure out the 3 phase adapter thing again, I recall that not being clear.

Chris Weiss

Apr 16, 2018, 2:24:38 PM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
yup.  and I'd mess it up.

Derek Sigler

Apr 16, 2018, 6:21:35 PM4/16/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
There's also more painting that can be done.  We have more orange and white.