Wind Energy

Andrew Ricke

Oct 25, 2017, 11:46:14 PM10/25/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
For mostly Myles and Morgan, but for others who also want to discuss wind Energy.

Here is my favorite (non science heavy) article on why the vertical wind turbines on the building across the tracks are "bad".

And here is the site with tons more articles on vertical wind and other practical small wind turbines.

Bob S.

Oct 26, 2017, 7:28:14 PM10/26/17
to Arch Reactor
not a great article in my mind... very long winded way of saying traditional windmills are more efficient! OK, given. But there are times when the axial type are not doable for whatever reason. The vertices are a cleaner look and have a smaller verticals footprint. The ones by AR have been running for years and according to a representative I talked to at a trade show a year back, can run a substantial part of their electric needs (minus mechanical systems) on very reasonable wind. And, I don't notice them IP there constantly working on them.... so, I would say they can work and quite well. But, probably in all situations, an axial would work better.