Murmuration/Rube Goldberg meeting cancelled for September 1

Diane Sudduth

Aug 31, 2016, 12:44:25 PM8/31/16
to Arch Reactor
My apologies to everyone, but personal events will prevent me from being at Arch Reactor tomorrow, Thursday, September 1, for the Rube Goldberg/Murmuration build event.    No one I spoke with at AR last night was available to take my place, so the event is cancelled for tomorrow.

IF you have an idea that you wish to work on anyway, please feel free to stop by to work independently.  The Microscope Team will be onsite.

Chris has been working on a "tower" piece at the front of the space near the dining room table.    Back in the far corner of the classroom space we have a pvc framework on a table.   There have been several proposed ideas to attach to the framework but nothing is set in stone.    Two ideas that we'd like to incorporate onto the framework are a "pendulum swing" that would push a ball off the edge of the table to trigger the next phase of the contraption and something that has a "floor trigger" that will "rise to table height" to trigger the multiple things grafted onto the framework.    Colleen had some great ideas for a rubber-band rocket that might work for the "floor trigger" portion of the contraption.   We need at least two more fun ideas to incorporate into the framework, please!

If you have a fun idea please build it and we'll find a way to add it into the whole.

Please see Frank Kallel for Festival Volunteer Scheduling!

Thanks!

Diane <*>

Myles Farrell

Sep 6, 2016, 6:31:11 AM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I plan on being there tomorrow night working on this.