Flow Hive: Honey on Tap Directly From Your Beehive

ROB K

Apr 4, 2015, 11:26:57 PM4/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive

It’s the beekeeepers dream…

Turn the tap and watch as pure, fresh, clean honey flows right out of the hive and into your jar. No mess, no fuss, no expensive processing equipment and without disturbing the bees.

We are excited to introduce our new invention that allows you to enjoy fresh honey straight out of your beehive without opening it. It’s far less stress for the bees and much, much easier for the beekeeper.

“This really is a revolution. You can see into the hive, see when the honey is ready and take it away in such a gentle way”.

It will help the bees and it will help beekeepers. They both help our world. Please join us in this beekeeping evolution.

www.honeyflow.com

This is getting a lot of interest to the Aquaponics guys in Austrailia for helping pollination.

I don't know much on beekeeping. I think I may have herd others talking about it and just wanted to pass this on.

Andrew Ricke

Apr 6, 2015, 9:21:47 AM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's a pretty amazing idea and no wonder they are nearly 10,000% funded.  The idea that you can also setup a servo to remotely flow out the honey into a jar and come back to pick it up when they are settled is a very cool idea for anyone who doesn't like getting a bee sting.  If I only had a yard big enough to give a hive some space, I bee tempted to start one.

Andy

Ryan/baslisks

Apr 6, 2015, 9:27:48 AM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Travis Megee

Apr 6, 2015, 9:50:06 AM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Chris Weiss

Apr 6, 2015, 10:03:12 AM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
the responses to that response are even more informative. it's a
really unusually civil and educational discussion for a news site
comments section.

Frank Kallal

Apr 6, 2015, 11:41:41 AM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I love the Idea, and My Mother has a large Farm to let it live on...  I just don't have the Scratch currently to even Consider it..

Frank

Robert Kleeschulte

Apr 6, 2015, 10:40:52 PM4/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I looks like a good way to empty the frame of honey. The decapping the wax traditionally from the frame looks like a messy pain.

Thought about doing a box at the lake, mom is allergic to wasps and bees and it is pretty much a no.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Brad Tissi

Apr 10, 2015, 3:55:50 PM4/10/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We have the space, but not the money at the moment.

Anyone want to time-share a bee hive?

John Senay

Apr 11, 2015, 6:17:52 AM4/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

I will pop for $100 for the Bee Time Share Honey Pot!!

JJS

Brad Tissi

Apr 13, 2015, 8:58:12 AM4/13/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Heh, good to know.

After reading into it more, I'm really not looking forward to still getting all the supplies (suit, blower, etc) for regular inspections and spot treating.
As much fun as casual beekeeping would be and I'd still like to help honeybees, that's one of those hobbies that takes up a fair bit of time.

mylesmich...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 10:17:52 AM4/13/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Definitely looks interesting. As my bees will be coming in next weekend i will be keeping a close eye on it. The general consensus in the beekeeping community seems to be very weary optimism. Personally, I would want to know if they had any problems with this encouraging robbing.