Bravo Trackr group buy

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 1:18:06 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Trackr is hosting a campaign for their new Bravo bluetooth tracker.

The best deal is their 10 Trackr for $100. If anyone would like to go in on this, please say so quickly.
I'm in for 2 or 3, but this ends late today. I'll check this about two hours before it ends.
Note: you need Android 4.4 and BT4.0 so go root your old GS3.

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 1:25:49 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I'm also offering this to another group. So I have no doubt that we'll get the 10.

Deech

Aug 8, 2014, 1:59:25 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If they're $10 each, I'll go in for 2 of them.

-Deech

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 2:10:02 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, de...@ninjacow.net
That was quick. Up to 5.

Ryan Williams

Aug 8, 2014, 2:18:38 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Put me down for two please.

Frank Kallal

Aug 8, 2014, 2:20:16 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I''ll Go in for the 3 to make the 10..

Next goal is to hit the 30 mark and get them for 9.50 :)

Frank

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 2:22:58 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
And that was even faster.

Okay, putting in the order.

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 2:48:52 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh and sorry, I'm not fronting $300 for the next 5 months to get the 9.50 rate :P

Frank Kallal

Aug 8, 2014, 2:58:06 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Can I paypal money over Now?  i have it currently and in my job situation, I don't know where money will be in 3 months.

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 3:52:13 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Frank, if you went for 3 to finish it off, I have someone that would like to take one off your hands.

Sure, gift it to bti...@gmail.com via either paypal or gwallet.

John Reskusich

Aug 8, 2014, 4:00:22 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I would like 2 if it's not too late...
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/459504e7-6733-4fc4-97eb-bd768f2f8899%40googlegroups.com.

Diane Sudduth

Aug 8, 2014, 4:00:29 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for 2.   Can bring money with me on Sunday (or send it electronically sooner)

(I could probably be persuaded to get a few more, should we get close but not hit the full 10)
Message has been deleted

Diane Sudduth

Aug 8, 2014, 4:11:03 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Looks like I missed the original 10 but since there seems to be more folks wanting them (Altered Ego) and possibly others and since a friend paid me back earlier today, I went ahead and put in another order for 10.   Assuming Altered Ego wants 2 and I want 2, that leaves 6 available.    Brad, if Frank wants all 3 of his, your friend can have one of my set....

John Reskusich

Aug 8, 2014, 4:12:41 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I definitely want 2. I might be convinced to get 3 if necessary.

John
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/dda93326-1612-4a80-8c19-fb2d2d3e24ae%40googlegroups.com.

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 5:04:17 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Diane, thank you. I'm sure that we'll figure it all out come January.

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 5:05:39 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Actually, Diane, do you have a referral link that I can use? I was waiting on someone else to give me theirs to order (so they can get a free one), but they've gone silent.
The url should end in /x/5555555 (the 5s being your account ID).

Diane Sudduth

Aug 8, 2014, 5:24:23 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does this look like what you're looking for?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/790357/emal/2721208

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 11:19:21 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
In theory. I used it to make the purchase so hopefully you get the extra.

Brad Tissi

Mar 11, 2015, 1:48:29 PM3/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
There's been a lot of updates (too many) on the page to keep people interested, but we're finally to the point of getting them shipped.

For Frank, Ryan, and Deech, do any of you want the accessory pack ($19-a waterproof dog tag cover, a regular waterproof cover, and a standard key ring), engraving ($10), or a color upgrade from silver ($5)?

Brad Tissi

Mar 11, 2015, 1:48:55 PM3/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Meant to post the link

Frank Kallal

Mar 11, 2015, 5:31:00 PM3/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

I'm good without the Accessory pack

Morganism

Mar 11, 2015, 9:17:58 PM3/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
How did I miss this? Shut up and take my money!

If it is not too late to get in, I nedd at least 2, but would prefer 4. If it is too late, I will order on my own.

Diane Sudduth

Mar 11, 2015, 9:35:42 PM3/11/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It happened in August.    In addition to Brad's 10 gizmos, I have 10 coming to me as well.   Honestly at the moment I don't think all are spoken for but I'm not entirely certain how many remain.    You'll be on my list...  (they're also available from their website, but at a higher cost)

Diane  <*>

Deech

Mar 16, 2015, 4:04:07 PM3/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
wow. I just had some sort of psychic premonition. I didn't actually see this thread when you posted it a few days ago, but I did just randomly think today "Huh. I wonder what happened with that Trackr order?" and did a quick search and found it. Weird.

I think I'm good without the Accessory kit. If I really gotta, I'll make one myself, and I don't think those little bits of rubber are worth doubling the cost of the tag. :)

Diane, if you have extra, I'll buy another two off of you.

-deech

Morgan Miransky

Mar 16, 2015, 4:06:13 PM3/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Btw- on the way back from the weather balloon flight, we were talking and the subject of these came up. Might be a good idea to put one in the next box.

Deech

Mar 16, 2015, 4:11:08 PM3/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
however, I'm actually a little annoyed at how they showed their coverage map. https://www.thetrackr.com/tech-specs (scroll to the bottom)

At first glance, it looks like there's a *lot* of coverage. But then you zoom in. The first few levels look like it's just refining a bit.. no worries.. but then, you keep zooming, and once you get to the actual city level in St. Louis, you see that it's just a handful of users and in no way resembles the vast coverage their heat map make it look like in the first place.

So, I think this is going to be useful, but not as vastly useful as it seemed to be.

Brad Tissi

Mar 16, 2015, 4:17:42 PM3/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I never intended to use the mesh network as it stands. I suggested to them to allow opt-in messages generated by your set "home" area when another user marks one as missing nearby. That way, anyone in the area could turn theirs on to make it more on-demand. They said a generic, "We really like it" and that's all that I'd expect as a response.

I know that I'm not on that map and probably won't be at any point. But the use of these things as a BT tether is awesome. Two are ear-marked for our handheld garmins for when we go hiking/geocaching. One will probably end up on my key ring and only be connected to when I loose them.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Arch Reactor" group.

Diane Sudduth

Mar 16, 2015, 4:34:53 PM3/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't think the coverage map is very good and they don't transmit for much of a distance on their own.    I'm not sure where I read it but they seem to be more for "my keys are in this house *somewhere*" rather than "as fast as my dog was moving he may be 2 miles away by now".       www.iotera.comI   might be a better option, but you'd also need a portable hot-spot and I think their max coverage is something like 4-miles.

Btw, my order will probably round out to 2 each for me, Altered Ego (John?), Morgan, Deech, and a non-AR friend.

Diane  <*>

Brad Tissi

Mar 17, 2015, 1:23:42 PM3/17/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, on their own, the distance is limited to bluetooth 4.0 and the antenna size in your phone.

If you need something more substantial for a dog, Garmin offers a few things

Though the tracking system that Derek's using on the weather balloon may be enough for that as well.

Brad Tissi

May 22, 2015, 3:34:33 PM5/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Another update:

Hi there!

Many of you have been requesting a timeline of when your order will be shipping and we have taken this to heart. We are excited to announce that we will soon be receiving our next shipment of TrackR bravo units and that your order will be sent out in this shipment!

Your order is set to ship out the week of June 17th, 2015. You will receive another email confirming that your order has shipped that week.

We at TrackR are so thankful for your continued loyalty! Your backing has helped bring a new innovation to market and help solve the problem of losing items.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Deech

Jun 29, 2015, 1:45:34 PM6/29/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Any updates?

Am I allowed to be a little grumpy over the fact that I could have bought this off the shelf last week at target before we got our kickstarter order?
(the website says they don't sell them in store, but I literally had the retail box in my hand last Sunday.)

Frank Kallal

Jun 29, 2015, 2:01:50 PM6/29/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Most Kickstarters I've seen actually hold off Retail offerings until Backers get theirs..  it's a shame these folks didn't

Deech

Jun 29, 2015, 2:12:27 PM6/29/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Yea, that's actually, IMHO, one of the perks of supporting a kickstarter in the first place. You're taking on a good amount  of risk, in return, you expect to get to be one of the first to get one of whatever.

Diane

Jun 29, 2015, 3:52:02 PM6/29/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The last I personally heard was that my order of 10 was due to ship the week of July 6.  I ordered some colors and an accessory pack which was their reason for the delay.

I don't have the list of who is in on my order handy.  I do remember Morgan had at least 2...

Diane  <*>

Brad Tissi

Jun 30, 2015, 1:12:42 PM6/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the poke, I forgot to check for the followup email. I don't see one, but I'll poke them in turn.

Brad Tissi

Jun 30, 2015, 4:36:22 PM6/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I went ahead and did the form.

Hamilton

Hamilton (TrackR)

Jun 30, 13:29

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your TrackR order and we apologize for the long wait! Due to the popularity of TrackR, we are still back ordered! (bummer, we know).

However, I am happy to look into adding your order to our VIP list. This means that your order will receive priority in shipping order (as long as it is not engraved) and will ship as soon as we have units available. Your order could go out as late as Mid July and as early as this week or next. I know that this may not be exactly what you hoped for but we are truly committed to making sure you get your device as soon as possible and love it. If you are interested in this, please fill out this form and I will be glad to accommodate as much as possible.

https://docs.google.com/a/thetrackr.com/forms/d/1OoyVQU58njCeCC0vkbL-GZrhEFaVS46mmOCr46tu6vE/viewform

Thank you for your patience and support.

Best Regards,

Hamilton
TrackR Customer Relations

Frank Kallal

Jun 30, 2015, 4:56:07 PM6/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone asked them why they are selling to the general Public before Filling existing Pledges?

Deech

Jul 3, 2015, 5:09:21 PM7/3/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The comments on their indigogo page are either "Never received" or "received, but it's crap".

Reviews say they have maybe a third of the range they promised and even then, performance is erratic at best.

They are selling to the general public and telling their backers they have to wait, they are promising ship dates and missing them consistently.

I'm inclined to vote to bail on this and request a refund.

Brad Tissi

Jul 5, 2015, 10:59:43 PM7/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Range is mostly based on the master device (ie phone). I have one of their Sticker versions, and it's not great, but it works.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Arch Reactor" group.

Brad Tissi

Jul 7, 2015, 8:29:05 AM7/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Got em! I won't be able to come in tonight due to working late, but I'll try to get them to the space quickly.

The one that I tried definitely did not work for 100ft, but as with everything wireless, that's probably just the theoretical limit. Through a doorway and through a foot board, I got to around 40ft. I'll have to try again later with an actual straight-line test.
Reconnecting did have to be much closer though.

The app worked well enough and it was easy to turn off the crowd-source gps feature.

Deech

Jul 7, 2015, 2:30:59 PM7/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

It's been a year, I don't remember how may I owe you for.

Frank Kallal

Jul 7, 2015, 2:50:00 PM7/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm in a similiar situation.. I don't recall if I paid already?  It would have been via Paypal likely so i might be able to look it up...  and how many i got..

Diane Sudduth

Jul 7, 2015, 3:04:24 PM7/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Some months ago I went back through the posts and made the following notes:

Brad ordered 10 - They were going to:

3 for Brad
2 for Deech
2 for Ryan W
3 for Frank

Diane ordered 10, they were going to::

2 for Diane
2 for a non-AR friend
2 for Altered Ego (not sure who this is)
2 for Morgan (with first dibs on up to 2 extra)
2 for Deech

I might have an "extra" coming thanks to a promo-code that Brad knew about.   Right now, Morgan has first dibs on this one.

I don't know who might have paid Brad.   No one has paid me (and please don't until mine show up)

Diane  <*>

Brad Tissi

Jul 8, 2015, 3:49:46 PM7/8/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Frank, I can't find any paypal or gwallet transaction, but I think that I also still owe you for the inventables order. You never told me how much.

Frank Kallal

Jul 8, 2015, 3:59:49 PM7/8/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
heh well I'll look that up later tonight and we'll take this direct intead of bugging the list.   and figure it all out.

Brad Tissi

Jul 14, 2015, 7:00:43 PM7/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Deech, Ryan, and Frank, I'm planning on coming tonight with the things. I'm usually on the later side.

Please bring cash or send monies to BTi...@gmail.com via either paypal or gwallet. If you already have, let me know in person please.