Boeing REACH happy hour

Myles Farrell

Jun 21, 2017, 8:44:29 PM6/21/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
As some of you may have notice I have posted a happy hour for boeing reach on the calendar for July 13th at 5pm. REACH is an organization for new hires who are moving to new locations for jobs to help them learn their new city and make friends. We hosted them for tours and a happy hour 2 years ago and had 25-30 people show up.

Morgan and I are hoping this will be the first of monthly targeted open houses/ happy hours. We have a running list of groups we would like to invite and I'll post that in another thread so people can add to it in a minute.

So what do we need from you? We need bodies to show up on a Thursday (i tried to get a tuesday, but it didn't work for them and ours are full for like 2 months, sorry) to give tours and have a drink with fellow nerds.

Last time we had our members bring snacks and six packs to share. I am still talking to them about this, but us providing beer may be against boeing code, in which case I am trying to get them to arrange their payday hh at 21st street brewer's bar across the RR tracks at the same time.

Please post here if you can help me 1) because we may have a bunch of people looking for tours and 2) because we need to keep an eye on parking to see if we need to make arrangements with UPS.

Morgan Miransky

Jun 21, 2017, 8:47:50 PM6/21/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Count me in! I like it.

Frank Kallal

Jun 21, 2017, 9:53:41 PM6/21/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can Likley help out.  I'll have to Check my schedule

Nathan Schrenk

Jun 21, 2017, 10:43:47 PM6/21/17
to Arch Reactor
Myles,

I can be at the space and give tours on the 13th.

FWIW, when I look at the AR Calendar I currently see the Boeing REACH event on July 11, not the 13th.

Nathan

Myles Farrell

Jun 21, 2017, 10:57:51 PM6/21/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks nathan. I had originally thrown it in as a place holder on the 11th before finding out that didn't work well for them. I thought I had changed it to the 13th, but maybe I did it wrong. I'll talk to travis.

Travis Megee

Frank Kallal

Myles Farrell

Jun 28, 2017, 5:41:38 PM6/28/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just as an update, they are currently co-planning this with their standard payday happy hour. They plan on locating this at either Square One or Sqwires in Lafayette Square, decision pending. So, we can just join them there instead of having to bring in six packs. Currently they have 19 people signed up and they haven't even sent out the bi-monthly newsletter or email bombs containing this event. SO WE NEED BODIES to give tours.

Chris Weiss

Jun 28, 2017, 6:23:10 PM6/28/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
is it still the 13th?  if so I'm not available.

Diane

Jun 29, 2017, 12:55:22 AM6/29/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Getting there by 5pm could be difficult but I'll try to be there as soon as I can.

May I suggest that the 11th be a pretty massive TIDY and Clean session?

And should we have projects out to show off?

Diane <*>

Frank Kallal

Jun 29, 2017, 1:12:20 AM6/29/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can be there to Help out.  Do Volunteer Hours Roll to the next year :)  LOL

Morgan Miransky

Jun 29, 2017, 3:25:26 PM6/29/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Myles Farrell

Jul 6, 2017, 10:23:09 AM7/6/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Up to 27 and it hasn't even been publicized yet.

nfolken

Jul 7, 2017, 4:45:02 PM7/7/17
to Arch Reactor
Count me in too. Would we meed first at a bar, and then later go to the space?

Myles Farrell

Jul 10, 2017, 9:02:26 AM7/10/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
No the plan is to have them swing by first and then head over with them. Here is the email they sent out late friday.

TOUR: ARCH REACTOR

THURSDAY, JULY 13

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

2215 SCOTT AVENUE
ST. LOUIS, MO 63103

Arch Reactor was founded in 2009 and is now St. Louis' largest hackerspace. This local makerspace and STEM education nonprofit continues to bring new skills, projects, equipment, and people to one place.

Come tour the facility (they recently moved to a new location off Jefferson behind the UPS sorting facility) and check out the available shared tools and ongoing projects.

If you miss collaboratively working on projects, having access to your school's machine/wood/art shop, or sharing your knowledge and skill with people of all ages, this place is for you!

After checking out the Arch Reactor, head over to the Pay Day Happy hour at Square One Brewery in Lafayette Square just a short drive away!

Sign up here.

Learn more about Arch Reactor at https://archreactor.org/

For more information, contact Taylor Clark.

Myles Farrell

Jul 11, 2017, 7:16:52 PM7/11/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Can everyone coming to the space tonight please plan on cleaning for at least 10 min in preparation for this

Frank Kallal

Jul 13, 2017, 5:03:06 PM7/13/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I had ever intention of being there by Now to help straighten up... But I ran into a few issues I had to take care of today, so i'm leaving my house in a few minutes.  Eta just prior to 5pm

Myles Farrell

Jul 14, 2017, 2:58:15 PM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to throw a thank you out to everyone who came out to help last night. We had 19 new people show and we had the perfect number of AR people to rotate through and grab them in groups of 2 or 3 and give them a tour. I'm pretty sure we gained at least one new member as she grabbed her laptop and came back in. She was still hanging out with Diane and Morgan when I left, which is saying something. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other faces return as well. As a side note for the next targeted HH, I just realized Taylor (Boeing REACH coordinator) was taking attendance, but we didn't. Next time we should have a sheet for name and email so we can send follow up emails. We should actually do this for every new visitor. It will aid in (god help me) collecting data for metrics. New faces per month, conversion rates, and stuff like that.

Frank Kallal

Jul 14, 2017, 3:04:38 PM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
She hung out for awhile.  Morgan and I showed her the Laser, and then she took off.   I'm sure she will be back.

Frank