STEM night at Jr. High school - what to do?

Jim S

Aug 30, 2017, 2:44:45 PM8/30/17
to Arch Reactor
I have been asked if I would do something (have a table/booth) for STEM night by a friend and not sure what might be of interest to the students so looking for some ideas and guidance...  I think some of the members have done this before.

Anyone have suggestions on what might be good?  I have some pi and arduino projects and some CNC machining items.  Maybe a display of Fusion 360 and the parts made from the CAD files?

If others in the group want to help out that would be great too.  It's about 3 weeks away.

Diane

Aug 30, 2017, 5:10:42 PM8/30/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Depending on date/time I might be able to help.  When is the event?

If the Griffin is working by then it's Great to have a functional 3d printer.  Also cool to have some laser-cut stuff there.  Please don't forget to take some gears to distribute!

Diane  <*>

Jim S

Aug 30, 2017, 5:23:07 PM8/30/17
to Arch Reactor
It's the evening of Sept 21st.  Fairly far west as I recall - I need to check on the location.

Chris Weiss

Aug 30, 2017, 5:33:35 PM8/30/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
there's a bunch of stuff in the show box that jr high kids dig, but at similar events I've been to it's just as much for the parents.

I'm not free the 21st, but I can certainly show you the ins and outs of the show box sometime before then.

Diane

Aug 30, 2017, 8:49:30 PM8/30/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My availability on Thursday, Sept 21 will depend on where and what time.

Diane  <*>

On Aug 30, 2017, at 4:33 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

there's a bunch of stuff in the show box that jr high kids dig, but at similar events I've been to it's just as much for the parents.

I'm not free the 21st, but I can certainly show you the ins and outs of the show box sometime before then.

Morganism

Aug 30, 2017, 10:20:52 PM8/30/17
to Arch Reactor
We have done similar events like this in the past. Usually just bringing the travel box over very well.

eAddict

Aug 31, 2017, 8:05:38 AM8/31/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My Anniversary.  Wonder if my other half would mind spending it at a STEM event  ;-)

Jim S