Nice Woodworking Estate Sale Saturday

Amberly Brown

Sep 18, 2017, 10:55:29 AM9/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
For those of you who enjoy shopping sales, check out this estate sale listing. Very fine woodworking selection. Might even be some things for the shop?

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Saint-Louis/63141/1671252

(estatesales.net is a wonderful site to waste time on...tons of photos of upcoming sales, more as the week goes on!)

Happily Enabling,

Amberly

Chris Weiss

Sep 18, 2017, 12:36:18 PM9/18/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I see a few things there we've discussed getting.  And i don't have any plans saturday, if we set some budgets...

eAddict

Sep 19, 2017, 8:36:10 AM9/19/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
How do these work?  Everything going to be tagged with $$ ?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I see a few things there we've discussed getting.  And i don't have any plans saturday, if we set some budgets...

Chris Weiss

Sep 19, 2017, 8:58:44 AM9/19/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
in a traditional estate sate everything has a price on it.  they'll probably haggle later in the day, but unlikely early.

Myles Farrell

Sep 22, 2017, 11:37:42 AM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Chris I plan on going and would love company. I plan on getting there early to get in line as I imagine the big ticket items we will be after will go real quick. While I was hoping to get a new planer this year and was planning on trying to write some more grants to get a SawStop for next year; I'm not sure we can pass this up if the price is right. New I think that model is about $3000. What do we think a decent deal is for it? With the perfect mix of newbies and experienced user who have become lax I think it is only a matter of time before their is an accident. Other things to watch are the two sanders. I was hoping for a larger combination sander, but that is a quality brand. Thoughts on price? I wasn't planning on getting a spindle sander, but if the price is right on everything, it would be nice. Anyone else see anything that they think would be nice to have in the shop that you think we should consider a capital investment on? include a price range that you think would be good.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
in a traditional estate sate everything has a price on it.  they'll probably haggle later in the day, but unlikely early.

Chris Weiss

Sep 22, 2017, 11:53:50 AM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
how early?  it says they'll hand out line tickets at 8:30.

Myles Farrell

Sep 22, 2017, 1:12:09 PM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking at least 8, if not earlier. I'd hate to stand in line just to find out that it isn't that good of a deal, but I'd hate it even more to get there a little later and find out one of the 5 people in front of me walked out with it for $1000. My experience (not super extensive) is about half off retail, does that sound right to anyone else?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
how early?  it says they'll hand out line tickets at 8:30.

Chris Weiss

Sep 22, 2017, 2:18:46 PM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can probably be there by 7.

Myles Farrell

Sep 22, 2017, 6:39:06 PM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That is what we are going to aim for as well. Although after working 11s all week on 5 hours of sleep, getting up at 6 on saturday might be a bit hard.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can probably be there by 7.

Amberly Brown

Sep 26, 2017, 12:39:27 PM9/26/17
to Arch Reactor
So, out of curiosity, did we get anything? How were the prices? (I try to track the different companies to tell whose sales are worth visiting/avoiding)

Amberly

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 5:39:06 PM UTC-5, Myles Farrell wrote:
That is what we are going to aim for as well. Although after working 11s all week on 5 hours of sleep, getting up at 6 on saturday might be a bit hard.
On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can probably be there by 7.

Myles Farrell

Sep 26, 2017, 12:51:31 PM9/26/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Chris, Miriam, and I went early. We all go some small stuff personally, but nothing for AR. Most of the small stuff would have been duplicate or triplicate for AR and the big items weren't very good deals. I thought the prices were high for an estate sale on both large and most small items. We even saw a few things priced over retail, but people were paying them, so good for the owners. I think this was being run by the decease's family so tracking the prices probably won't help much in this case. Good catch, if find people see things like this definitely point them out, just wasn't the right one.