ScatterJam

Frank Kallal

Sep 17, 2015, 5:21:55 PM9/17/15
to Arch Reactor
I know little about it :)  Bu thought it might be of interest out here, so Passing it along

**********************
http://www.stlscatterjam.com/

**********************

Ever wanted to make a video game? HERE'S WHAT YOU DO.

  1. Grab a friend. Or several! This is your Crew — the people you'll be making your game with.
  2. Invent a name for your Crew and register here
  3. Bring your Crew to the opening ceremony, get pumped, and get the theme.
  4. SCATTER! You and your Crew go somewhere to work together, and crank out a game over the next 48 hours
    If you are making an AR game using the TaleBlazer platform you will be able to work on your game at the Zoo!
  5. Return to the closing ceremony and show it all off to the roars of other participants!

Nathan Schrenk

Sep 17, 2015, 10:31:23 PM9/17/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can't participate in this game jam because I have other obligations that weekend, but I participated in the local Global Game Jam event at UMSL in 2014 and had fun. I met folks at the event and during the course of the weekend we made a simple game and demoed it working on an Android tablet. I wrote the code and the the other folks worked on art, sound, some of the game logic/data input, etc. I'd be interested in participating in another game jam in the future, so if this aligns with the interests of any other Arch Reactor folks, let me know.

Nathan