Re: (Arch Reactor) Digest for arch-reactor@googlegroups.com - 11 updates in 2 topics

John Senay

Aug 11, 2016, 12:29:46 AM8/11/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
All,

Also bring your longest levels and plumb lines to make sure the wall is straight and vertical.  If you do not know how to  plumb a wall watch a few Youtube videos, its easy and common sense.  Do it wrong and people will accuse you of being a politician.

Do you need a .22 Hammershot to drive nails into the concrete floor to anchor the walls?  Home Depot will rent you one.

Bring/ get some 1/2 to 5/8 spade bits and pre drill the studs for wiring runs before you build out the frame. Trying to drill holes in the vertical slates after you put up a wall frame sucks!!   Remember that some walls have two sides, the classroom side may not need wired network, electrical but the workshop side will need electrical.  Drill 2 holes in each slate, 12 inches apart, one for network/fiber/photon torpedoes and the other one for running electrical wiring.

When one look at a stack of 2X4's they are never straight.  All the 2X 4 will have a curve.  Make sure that you have all the vertical slate 2X4 lined up with the curve in the same side for ALL of the slates.  Pick up a 2X4 out of the stack look down it length wise.  You will see it really is not straight.  Make sure that when you frame the wall that all the vertical 2X4 slates have the curve on the same side of the wall.  It makes hanging drywall easier.

I don't know if I can make it down on Saturday and pretend I know what I am doing, but take the time and look at YourTube videos on how to build walls.  Pay attention to how to frame doorways too.

Please wear safety glasses.

Hope I can make it down Saturday.

JJS

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:57 PM, <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Space Switch <spaceswitch@lists.archreactor.org>: Aug 09 11:52PM -0500

The Space is closed at 11:52pm on August 9th, 2016.
Space Switch <spaceswitch@lists.archreactor.org>: Aug 10 12:01PM -0500

The Space is open at 12:01pm on August 10th, 2016.
Space Switch <spaceswitch@lists.archreactor.org>: Aug 10 04:20PM -0500

The Space is closed at 4:20pm on August 10th, 2016.
Space Switch <spaceswitch@lists.archreactor.org>: Aug 10 06:09PM -0500

The Space is open at 6:09pm on August 10th, 2016.
Space Switch <spaceswitch@lists.archreactor.org>: Aug 10 08:40PM -0500

The Space is closed at 8:40pm on August 10th, 2016.
"Gene J. (GeekTinker)" <gene....@gmail.com>: Aug 09 10:04PM -0700

Which location of RP Lumber will you be picking up from on Thursday?

Gene

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 2:30:03 PM UTC-5, Diane Sudduth wrote:
Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com>: Aug 10 01:33PM -0500

Diane, I am going to need the truck. I might be hard pressed to get it back
down by 10 though.

Gene, My intent is to go to quick ever is quickest depending on traffic at
the time. I suspect it will be the pontoon beach location.
Diane <sudd...@gmail.com>: Aug 10 04:33PM -0500

Myles,

Have sent a message to Game Nite letting them know you'll be by. Ask them to show you the "trick" to work the lift gate. Apparently the last person to borrow it broke off the switch and hasn't repaired it yet.

I'm told you need to use a pair of pliers and grab the little bit of screw sticking out and it's kind of a pain. And also that if you don't put what's left of the switch back in the proper position (middle, I think) it will quickly drain the batteries.

Diane <*>

Diane Sudduth <sudd...@gmail.com>: Aug 10 03:15PM -0700

Myles,

I forgot to add. Drop the truck back whenever you can. Bring me the
keys on Tuesday (I'll not be in on Sunday) They have extra keys, this way
we have a set. We'll still need to make sure they know whenever we want
to borrow it (every time) but this way we'll Have the keys and can pick it
up at our leisure.

Be sure to set the lift-gate switch back to the "center" position. The
recommendation was to _not_ put a person on the lift-gate until the switch
is fixed (which is tentatively planned for 8/20)

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:33:03 PM UTC-5, Diane Sudduth wrote:
Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com>: Aug 10 06:46PM -0500

Also there will be a build session on Saturday 10 until at least 3,
probably later. We will be building out walls. This is one of the big build
out sessions and there will be plenty of work for all skill levels and
physical abilities. If you plan on coming please post here. Also, a few
extra tape measures, squares, staple guns, and impact drivers would be
helpful and you are willing to bring yours.
Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net>: Aug 10 07:32PM -0500

I will see If I can Arrange to be there.

Would you like me to Put a Call out in the Board Gamer Group, and the
Archon Convention "Fan Group" Both of Which i run?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Myles Farrell <

John J. Senay
Senior Sales Engineer
9600 Escarpment Blvd Ste 745 PMB 243

Austin, TX 78749 United States