Water on the Floor

Frank Kallal

Aug 3, 2017, 5:53:25 PM8/3/17
to Arch Reactor
I dropped by the space today to Test a few things on the laser here, and found a large water spot under the Fish / Tomato Aquarium set-up.  I looked all over but did not find a source for the water, and the Wood (Other than the legs sitting in the Puddle seems to be dry.   So i'm not sure where the water came From.  See attached image.

I have swept it out so that it can dry
puddle.jpg

Keith Rogers

Aug 3, 2017, 6:00:14 PM8/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I bet that's an aquaponics setup and if so I'd bet the leak is visible when the thing is pumping water.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net> wrote:
I dropped by the space today to Test a few things on the laser here, and found a large water spot under the Fish / Tomato Aquarium set-up.  I looked all over but did not find a source for the water, and the Wood (Other than the legs sitting in the Puddle seems to be dry.   So i'm not sure where the water came From.  See attached image.

I have swept it out so that it can dry

Myles Farrell

Aug 3, 2017, 6:03:41 PM8/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It is a know issue. The rain is coming in through the metal bi-fold door when it comes down hard or at the right angle. We have the materials to build a insulated outer door with good weather stripping in front of it, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

Robert Kleeschulte

Aug 3, 2017, 6:14:06 PM8/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll admit if it is the AP system, but didn't see any issues with drainage from the growbed last week. The dividers overflow into the next area if there is a clog.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 17:03 Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is a know issue. The rain is coming in through the metal bi-fold door when it comes down hard or at the right angle. We have the materials to build a insulated outer door with good weather stripping in front of it, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net> wrote:
I dropped by the space today to Test a few things on the laser here, and found a large water spot under the Fish / Tomato Aquarium set-up.  I looked all over but did not find a source for the water, and the Wood (Other than the legs sitting in the Puddle seems to be dry.   So i'm not sure where the water came From.  See attached image.

I have swept it out so that it can dry

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Frank Kallal

Aug 3, 2017, 8:00:57 PM8/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've been there during several very good and long downpoors, and have not seen this amount of water make it in.

In addition there was no trail from the door to the puddle... Also I got there around noon today ( leaving around 5) and it was dry outside.  So unless you all got an astounding rain storm early this morning, I'm not sure I can blame it on the door.

 As and aside I forgot to mention, whomever had 3 sheets of foam core boards... The bottom 3 or so inches are now water logged.  I moved them out of the water.

On Aug 3, 2017 5:14 PM, "Robert Kleeschulte" <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Chris Weiss

Aug 3, 2017, 9:26:22 PM8/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I was there tonight while it rained, there was a lot of water coming in, and it evaporated quite quickly near the door but not further in.

Kevin

Aug 3, 2017, 11:13:02 PM8/3/17
to Arch Reactor
Yup, I was there earlier this morning and it was still a little wet towards the door.