Maker Faire Milwaukee - Call for Makers

Chris Hemmerly

Jul 19, 2016, 8:27:10 PM7/19/16
to Arch Reactor
Hello Arch Reactor Friends,

If you didn't notice, the Call for Makers for Maker Faire Milwaukee opened last week. We'd love to have Pumping Station: One take part in the event. Showing off your stuff is totally free (unless you plan to sell things, then there is a fee.)

All the details are here:

    https://makerfairemilwaukee.com/makers/

We're also looking for speakers and workshop proposals, and teams for the Power Racing Series.

(Oh, one more thing... We're working on organizing a panel discussion about Makerspaces/Hackerspaces, and hope you can supply someone who represents the leadership of your space for a lively discussion about what to do, and what not to do when creating and running a space. More details on this to follow.)

Thanks for reading this. We hope to see you at Maker Faire Milwaukee!

-Chris

Chris Hemmerly

Aug 30, 2016, 9:00:17 AM8/30/16
to Arch Reactor

Greetings Arch Reactor Makers!

For the last two years, Maker Faire Milwaukee has had local groups attend and visitors are usually surprised to meet a group in their own backyard that they didn't even know about.

Milwaukee Makerspace is prepared to help defray travel and lodging costs with reimbursement of up to $250 per organization if you agree to participate as an exhibitor.

Check it out: https://makerfairemilwaukee.com/makers/

-Chris

Morganism

Aug 30, 2016, 11:22:58 AM8/30/16
to Arch Reactor
Hi Chris,

I will bring this up. Unfortunately, it falls the on the same weekend we are committed to a new event here call the Murmuration Festival that we are building a large project for. There still may be some people interested in a road trip. Thank you very much for the invitation, it is certainly something we would be interested in even if we cannot attend this year.

-Morgan

Chris Hemmerly

Aug 30, 2016, 12:45:44 PM8/30/16
to Arch Reactor
Excellent, thank you Morgan!
-Chris

Morganism

Sep 1, 2016, 5:43:54 PM9/1/16
to Arch Reactor
I was about ready to drop everything and go to Milwaukee for the weekend until I saw that! Good luck on your Faire!