Need electronic donations.

Derek Sigler

Jul 14, 2016, 11:35:01 AM7/14/16
to Arch Reactor
Arch Reactor is hosting some kid day camps in late July and August.  One favorite activity is to give kids screwdrivers, safety googles and a ton of electronics to rip apart.  I'm collecting things over the next few weeks.  Routers, switches, printers, tape decks, clocks, toys and especially anything with a motor.  All of which will be properly recycled at the end.  If you have anything feel free to put it in the box above the canvas holder.

Inline image

Thanks,
-derek

Ben West

Jul 14, 2016, 11:37:23 AM7/14/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've done kid's workshops tearing apart magnetic hard drives (to make into windchimes).  Those are super fun, especially playing with the permanent magnets retrieved.

Frank Kallal

Jul 14, 2016, 11:40:16 AM7/14/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I haven't made it back over there yet to bring stuff.  when is the First one and I'll try and get a trip over before then.

Derek Sigler

Jul 14, 2016, 11:42:01 AM7/14/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
They'll be July 21st, 28th and 30th.

Chris Weiss

Jul 14, 2016, 12:00:45 PM7/14/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll grab some things from the recycle box at work.  I know there's at least one inject printer/scanner, and maybe a desktop calculator, the kind that takes paper.

John Senay

Jul 15, 2016, 12:35:29 AM7/15/16
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
Derek,

I have (2) Analog TV sets that are in working order.

Ones a 28" SONY.

One of those TV's with the VCR built into it.

Finally went Digital

Let me know, i can drop them by this weekend

JJS

Jim S

Jul 15, 2016, 9:47:04 AM7/15/16
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
Are they CRT?  If so we may not want them.  They are getting harder to get rid of and most places charge a fee for them.

Travis Megee

Jul 15, 2016, 9:50:20 AM7/15/16
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
If using CRTs, cut the cord so they don't plugged in and definitely ensure the tube has been discharged.  Personally, I'd advise against any kind of CRT.

Chris Weiss

Jul 15, 2016, 9:59:23 AM7/15/16
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
maybe include with it the fee to recycle it :)

Keith Rogers

Jul 15, 2016, 12:03:20 PM7/15/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I recommend against letting kids tear into CRT's.  Even if you discharge them, it's liable to give the perception that they can do that safely on their own.

Sent from my mobile device

Morganism

Jul 15, 2016, 5:04:34 PM7/15/16
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
I have a computer that I brought in. The power supply is there, but disconnected. The hard drive is gone. Sounds perfect for this project. I have it in the supply closet. I will put it by your box the next time I am down there.