Public Relations Workday

Ricke, Andrew

Aug 21, 2014, 4:22:29 PM8/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Sorry for the short notice, but I want to get a Public Relation workday announcement out there for:

Saturday 23rd, 9am to 3pm.

I want help building us a Arch Reactor Event Booth kit.   You can help me and really the space with:

1) Making a tower sign with as many cool features as possible such as telescoping ability, LCD mount, cool lighting.

2) Table decor and signage

3) 3D printer trinkets. Including testing and picking out the best objects to use at events.

4) Laser cut trinkets. Same as above

5) A portable "road box" that can carry all this and hopefully has it's own wheels and power strips built in.

6) Documenting the cool job we're doing.

7) All the cool ideas you have!

Membership or skills not required, just show up and help. Great chance to learn the tools you wanted to use with a real purpose to  practice.

Brad Tissi

Aug 21, 2014, 4:29:02 PM8/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, directorofpu...@archreactor.org
Great idea and someone taking the initiative, I like it.
I'll be gone this weekend, but will try to come next week with this in mind if there's anything else to do.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 21, 2014, 4:51:41 PM8/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I wish my scheduling was better, but hopefully we'll have the momentum to do another weekend of work. I know it'll be needed.

At least we'll need staining/painting done for anything decorative we'll make.

On Thursday, August 21, 2014, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great idea and someone taking the initiative, I like it.
I'll be gone this weekend, but will try to come next week with this in mind if there's anything else to do.

nfolken

Aug 21, 2014, 6:08:06 PM8/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I'll be out of town as well. I know at one point you had been considering using one of the cabinets from cw, but I would really recommend that whatever gets built can fit in most people's car, be taken up and down stairs, and be able to be set up by 1 person.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 21, 2014, 6:25:54 PM8/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sketch me a design Niels!  I hope to fit it in my Outback as a requirement. A few of us have that car or similar.

On Thursday, August 21, 2014, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm afraid I'll be out of town as well. I know at one point you had been considering using one of the cabinets from cw, but I would really recommend that whatever gets built can fit in most people's car, be taken up and down stairs, and be able to be set up by 1 person.

Brad Tissi

Aug 22, 2014, 9:21:19 AM8/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd start with something that can fit in any back seat and a supplemental trunk box if needed. That way, any sedan can do it and it can still be carried by one or two people.

Deech

Aug 22, 2014, 4:51:03 PM8/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
What if you made two boxes, on wheels, with padded tops, each about 2-3 feet long. The seats would hinge up with storage underneath to store all the stuff and when empty, provide comfortable bench seating for the table. You could even get clever and mount some power outlets on it. Make it high enough to sit comfortably, but low enough to slide inside a reasonable size car trunk, or maybe your outback. One box could be the "small event" kit, with the second box having the "larger event" additional stuff.

I would donate some of my spare foam for the seats, and you could use the heavy duty canvas to upholster it.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 22, 2014, 5:33:30 PM8/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Liking the ideas so far.  I already thought about making the box the foot of the tower display to prevent topple.

I'll have to take some measurements of a trunk to see what could fit well.

Anyone know how to make an rPi loop a PowerPoint?  Would we have to convert it to a video?  I'll buy the rPi if someone wants to make that ability their contribution.

Kamikaze Joe

Aug 22, 2014, 5:38:18 PM8/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can probably do that.

---

Preserve your right to privacy.  When replying to this email, I encourage you to make use of PGP compliant encryption.  My key ID is A50DB9BC.

Chris Weiss

Aug 22, 2014, 5:43:52 PM8/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a lot of usable salvaged wood in my garage, you're welcome to
stop by Sat morning to take inventory for ideas and use what you like
for making boxes and displays.

Ryan Williams

Aug 23, 2014, 3:37:14 AM8/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'll be at work for that time today.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 23, 2014, 9:24:57 PM8/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The day was fairly successful for the three of us there today.  I decided to use the metal from the event booth and let the connectors dictate the sizing a bit - it's just to light and strong to not use for this. We also compromised and have two boxes that will connect into about a 1/3 and 2/3 configuration to make a total box of 2x2x4ft long.  The small box can fit in most cars and will have the hand out goodies for all events while the big box can carry the printer and other stuff for the large events.

The photo shows it standing up on its side (like it would for transportation) with the smaller box on top. I'd like to add dolly wheels on the bottom. Does anyone know the owner of the wheels in the second photo?

Step two is to add plywood on the interior with angle brackets so that the metal frame is exposed for style. The doors will be place on top of the smaller box in the position as shown, and on the big box it will go on the long side as it lays down to be a bench as Deech suggested. (It's still kinda tall though)

Step three will be adding the cool features like a powers trip, lights, handles and wheels, etc.

The other thing leaning on the box is the sliding tower. It will mount to the big box when it lays down to and can slide up and will hold the widescreen from the lab PC. Next step is to figure out how to add the mounting for the tower for the end that slides up and how to mount to the box in a easy to remove fashion.

Andy
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG

Chris Weiss

Aug 23, 2014, 9:35:59 PM8/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
what about using the metal mesh for the sides? it slots right into
those brackets

Kamikaze Joe

Aug 23, 2014, 9:58:28 PM8/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We discussed it. There is a concern of it being rigid enough for a travel case.  If we use it, it will probably be with a wood backing for extra support.

On Saturday, August 23, 2014, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
what about using the metal mesh for the sides?  it slots right into
those brackets

Andrew Ricke

Aug 24, 2014, 2:40:39 PM8/24/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'd like to use the metal mesh at least for decorative purposes, but then Travis also brought up that it was discussed about using the mesh to build a sliding wall in front of the Wasabinet/Wifi/Security/Server wall to keep people out but air cooling in.  We'll see if there's enough for both.

Any cool ideas for decorating the panels, feel free to share.

EschewObfuscation

Aug 24, 2014, 9:39:33 PM8/24/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
You may find that metal mesh does a good job of blocking those same wifi signals. It's possible that for short distances, their tendency to bounce and ricochet about avoids the problem, but it's worth considering. Possibly fiberglass window screen might serve as well? Or glass or light plywood open at top and bottom, or...

|RyanW|

Aug 24, 2014, 9:46:06 PM8/24/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The photo shows it standing up on its side (like it would for transportation) with the smaller box on top. I'd like to add dolly wheels on the bottom. Does anyone know the owner of the wheels in the second photo?

That'd be me and I was hoping to use those wheels for the Dremel cabinet/holding case.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 24, 2014, 10:30:36 PM8/24/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That's cool, I'll get some other wheels, just checking they weren't just random free stuff, or abandoned project leftovers.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM, |RyanW| <ryan...@gmail.com> wrote:
The photo shows it standing up on its side (like it would for transportation) with the smaller box on top. I'd like to add dolly wheels on the bottom. Does anyone know the owner of the wheels in the second photo?

That'd be me and I was hoping to use those wheels for the Dremel cabinet/holding case.

Diane Sudduth

Aug 26, 2014, 10:47:29 AM8/26/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, directorofpu...@archreactor.org
Hi Andy,

I'm new-ish and I don't think we've met, but my particular interest these days is the laser cutter.   I'd love to help testing/cutting samples to give out if you still need help with that aspect of things...

Tuesdays are problematic for me but I hope to be up there this Sunday evening.

Di  <*>

Brad Tissi

Aug 26, 2014, 3:17:15 PM8/26/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, directorofpu...@archreactor.org
Please leave me a frame of the extrusion for the sponsor panel. I'd like to venture down that road in the future as part of a sponsorship strategy.
Not sure what paneling is available

Andrew Ricke

Aug 26, 2014, 3:49:19 PM8/26/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Diane - Joe and Travis had a startrekkie themed item with our logo you can reach out to him about it or feel free to design anything else up you want with our logo (which is posted on the website as an svg file).   What you use feel free to collect a pile of them for us.  I'll have a tote box for storing them when I run to Lowes this weekend.

Brad, do you mean some of the extrusion metal or one of the panels in the actual box frame?

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please leave me a frame of the extrusion for the sponsor panel. I'd like to venture down that road in the future as part of a sponsorship strategy.
Not sure what paneling is available

Andrew Ricke

Brad Tissi

Aug 27, 2014, 8:40:14 AM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Basically, I would like to make a frame out of some left over extruded aluminum and whatever paneling that's left, preferably a metal mesh for the back and some plexiglass for the front. When I last looked at the spare parts from the display case, there seemed to be a lot of extra so I assumed that there would be enough.

I'll be there Friday to see what's left if you mark or set aside what you'd like to use. I'm not set on a particular size of a frame, just something to look nice so that any potential sponsors can see.s

Andrew Ricke

Aug 27, 2014, 9:07:14 AM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well I like the idea if having a post board match the style of the  rest of the booth kit (even if I'm not sure I want to go down the nascar route of sponsorship labels. )

Might I suggest you look at incorporating it into the stand for the LCD that would attach to the rest of the kit?  That way the stuff is as condensed as much as possible. The frame built there is 1x4 (let's say 1x3 factoring the LCD), and all you need is to add the paneling. It would raise up to viewing height with the screen.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 27, 2014, 9:25:53 AM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Here's a rough sketch if what's in my head for this.
IMG_1316.JPG

Chris Weiss

Aug 27, 2014, 10:23:43 AM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
most events we're provided a table, so something stand-alone there
really is little or no room for. display materials really need to
primarily be table-top.

Travis Megee

Aug 27, 2014, 10:26:04 AM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Pictures of a sample panel cut by Chris with help from Ryan.

Inline image 3Inline image 4

Travis

Brad Tissi

Aug 27, 2014, 12:50:47 PM8/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I didn't mention that the sponsor board would be a separate project from this kit that would mainly be for the space. It would just use some of the spare materials that's being used here.
Though if someone wanted to bring it to a show, I don't see any reason that they couldn't.

Chris Weiss

Aug 28, 2014, 8:36:59 PM8/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Got all but 2 panels cut from 1 sheet. Figured one side would be plywood to attach wheels and maybe do something creative for the other.  I left the measurements on some paper on it.   In case that gets lost,  25x11.75 and 25x24.75

20140828_192742.jpg

Andrew Ricke

Aug 29, 2014, 8:55:22 PM8/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can't find the orange sheets. Also did anyone do any laser cutting of trinkets?

On Thursday, August 28, 2014, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Got all but 2 panels cut from 1 sheet. Figured one side would be plywood to attach wheels and maybe do something creative for the other.  I left the measurements on some paper on it.   In case that gets lost,  25x11.75 and 25x24.75

Kamikaze Joe

Aug 29, 2014, 9:32:23 PM8/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I put the orange sheets back where I found them.  Next to Gene's box.  I cut out half of the pins.  I'm planning on doing the other half this weekend while I glue pins on the first batch.

---

Preserve your right to privacy.  When replying to this email, I encourage you to make use of PGP compliant encryption.  My key ID is A50DB9BC.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 31, 2014, 8:25:38 PM8/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Small box has a bottom with wheels and a top with cabinet hinges for a lid. I'll add some handles and reinforce the frame some and bring it back to the space to put stuff in.

Next focus is the monitor mount. Joe has been challenged with preparing an rPi for the monitor display and Lloyd is to set up an aurduino to display some sort of LED show. Both of you let me know what materials you need (preferably from adafruit) and I'll order them for a single reimbursement from the space.

The second box I am second guessing myself on for its size, but there isn't much smaller to go if we want to hold the 3d printer.
IMG_1327.JPG

Brad Tissi

Sep 3, 2014, 5:02:35 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks great so far. What do you need help with?

Ben West

Sep 3, 2014, 5:28:37 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not following this thread more intently.  Is this question asking about putting a (large?) mesh wall in front of the entire comms wall, or was it just for the enclosing the wired gateway (i.e. the Buffalo router), cable modem, UPS, and attached devices?

"Yes, I'd like to use the metal mesh at least for decorative purposes, but then Travis also brought up that it was discussed about using the mesh to build a sliding wall in front of the Wasabinet/Wifi/Security/Server wall to keep people out but air cooling in.  We'll see if there's enough for both."

The Open Mesh WasabiNet node (distinct from the Buffalo router) also hanging on the wall does repeat to a wireless node in the apartment to the east, so ideally no metal mesh between those two nodes.

Besides that, the lonely Mac mini hanging on the comms wall really doesn't serve any function.  I had wanted to set up it up as a RADIUS server, as fallback for the one in the cloud, but opted I not to after another thread on this listserv mentioned Charter's policy about not locating "servers" on their ISP connections (as such a RADIUS server would exchange traffic with a couple dozen other destinations from the outside).

Ben West

Chris Weiss

Sep 3, 2014, 5:32:56 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
yes, big mesh wall, which is why moving them to the top of the wall
would be useful.

we have a business line right? servers are allowed on business lines.
charter also doesn't really care if you're running a server as long as
it's not a bandwidth hog.

Andrew Ricke

Sep 3, 2014, 9:20:11 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Back on topic,
Brad - the wood on the top needs sanded and I'd like to router the edges on the lid and frame to be rounded.  Trying to think what to do to the top of the lid, either to make a padded seat or to take the shapeoko to engrave our logo on it.  The rope handles need wrapped with something to handle better.

Eventually I figured a nice two-tone stain would look good with the two wood types and stained wood would fit the metal better than painting.

Friday I'm going to fix the wheels (probably replace them) and put the mounting points for the monitor stand on it. I've given up maki the second box traveling. We can use it for more storage at the space or whatever.

We need to continue the efforts on making stuff to give away or two display as a cool show piece about the space (laser or prints or anything else). All this can go inside the box and the totes I put there. I don't care what it is, but the more it has our logo and website on it, the better.

Brad Tissi

Sep 3, 2014, 10:59:39 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the wall idea is separate from this. And unless Travis was talking about a different idea, the only reason that the server wall was picked was because it is the first thing that you see when coming into the space. So yes, mesh will be avoided. Probably just two layers of plexiglass with an aluminum frame.

How about some tennis racket wrap for the handles? And is it strong enough to be sat on?

Andrew Ricke

Sep 3, 2014, 11:20:45 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Strong enough for me to stand on.  Don't know why I must stand on things I build.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/CACrWA6HAMgsEudfcbdN3RQ6ssxiT7tHifuKfuGLiB8mZLaN%2BrA%40mail.gmail.com.

Diane

Sep 3, 2014, 11:23:52 PM9/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Andy,

I can pad the box handles if someone can get me access to the space tomorrow (Thursday) night after 6pm.

As for the top, why can't it be both engraved and padded?  I would think a removable pad could be a nice touch.

The pad can also have the logo on it, I've done similar things LOTS of times.   I don't have time to get it made before Friday but can in the next couple of weeks.  All I'd need are the dimensions you want and the color scheme you'd like.  Orange and black logo on what base color?  All orange logo on black?   Black logo on orange?  (How specific are we on the exact shade of orange?)

I'm having a Blast learning about the laser.  Who has ideas for trinkets to give away?  I'm happy to experiment but don't know enough about AR history to come up with good ideas yet.   Help, please?   Brainstorming encouraged...

In a similar vein, I have a small idea that might be helpful at events.  Who can I talk to about the vinyl cutter and where can I find the materials to cut both black and white (and maybe orange) suitable for transfer to fabric?  Proper material name and source to purchase same, please!

I only need a small amount for a test.  (If this idea fails, my next idea is screen-printing which I've not yet tried)

Thanks!

Diane  <*>

Bob S.

Chris Weiss

Sep 4, 2014, 3:03:31 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
RE: vinyl cutter: I have some orange iron on material for it that I
used to make the shirt that's on the telepresence bot. you're welcome
to a bit of it for an experiment. I get supplies from
signwarehouse.com but there are other places. Since the system it
runs is old, my highest success is to either design on the machine, or
make a high resolution 2 color BMP (must be 2 color, not just
grayscale) and use the software's tracing feature. once you have a
design there's a few of us that can show you how to cut.

Bob S.

Sep 4, 2014, 4:00:14 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well... AC guy just called and isnt even going to get here till at least 6:30... looks like I will not be in till later...

Andrew Ricke

Sep 4, 2014, 4:38:46 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Diane - Yes on the removable cushion! I'll leave it to your discretion on colors, but as long as the orange is in the range of "safety" it'll be fine. Size is roughly 2x2ft with the latch in the way...  Give me a build of materials list if you need to spend anything on this though and I'll add it to the collective reimbursement request.

As for more laser cuts, I was thinking it would be cool to have a bunch of gears that had different sizes and maybe we could pin them in on the metal mesh sides so they have some interaction together. (For zero purpose.)  Gears are a great universal symbol for tinkering. Just add logo and website.

Slightly off topic...
My goal is polish, polish, polish, regardless if we are using new materials or reclaimed materials.  I am inspired by how this hacker space made a sign even with very rough original materials. Very amazing looking final product. http://m.instructables.com/id/Yet-Another-Edge-Lit-LED-Sign/

Andy

Diane

Sep 4, 2014, 4:44:36 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bob.   I should be back in the neighborhood by about 6pm (I live Close!).   Will try to watch for the Space Switch indicator.   You can also text/call me at 314-443-7989 if you don't feel like formally opening the space...

Thanks!!

Andy, did you like the coins?   They're simple and admittedly cheezy but taught me several laser lessons.    Want more?   I could set a few more to cut tonight while I work on the handles...

Diane  <*>

Andrew Ricke

Sep 4, 2014, 4:52:20 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Haven't seen the coins yet. Will try to get there tomorrow.  No doubt on your ability :)

Andy

Diane

Sep 4, 2014, 10:43:42 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Andy wrote:

As for more laser cuts, I was thinking it would be cool to have a bunch of gears that had different sizes and maybe we could pin them in on the metal mesh sides so they have some interaction together. (For zero purpose.) Gears are a great universal symbol for tinkering. Just add logo and website.

I'm on my phone so not sure if the photo will come through. Is this anything like you envisioned?

photo.JPG

Xsfx2000

Sep 4, 2014, 11:00:21 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!

Diane  <*>

PS. The handles are somewhat padded.  A little ragged.  Will come up with a more esthetic solution soon...

Kamikaze Joe

Sep 4, 2014, 11:23:13 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Damn...  Di doesn't fool around.  Like some kind of laser cutting wish granting genie.

Diane Sudduth

Sep 4, 2014, 11:29:53 PM9/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think I might perhaps have mentioned an interest in playing with the laser.....    :-)

..... and did express a desire for more ideas....  :-)

In all seriousness, if you want a bunch of gears cut for give-aways, that's entirely a feasible thing...

Di  <*>

EschewObfuscation

Sep 5, 2014, 7:45:54 AM9/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Diane, you seem to have become a regular infra red sushi chef, so I'm curious what software you've settled in on to generate your gcode?

Andrew Ricke

Sep 5, 2014, 9:12:00 AM9/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Those are amazing!

Now we will have to see what pins/pegs we can find to stick them on the mesh of the box. We have pounds of PC screws so maybe those will work.

On Friday, September 5, 2014, EschewObfuscation <google...@mailfilter.33mail.com> wrote:
Diane, you seem to have become a regular infra red sushi chef, so I'm curious what software you've settled in on to generate your gcode?

Diane

Sep 5, 2014, 9:28:04 AM9/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 5, 2014, at 6:45 AM, EschewObfuscation wrote:

Diane, you seem to have become a regular infra red sushi chef, so I'm curious what software you've settled in on to generate your gcode?

--

Generally I've been working in Inkscape at Andy's suggestion (with lots of help from several others at AR) (and a LOT of googling!!).    I'm not a "fancy skills" graphical person.  I'll happily do screen grabs and pop images into Paint for a bit of work as well.  (I've yet to actually install the Ubuntu font, so all the words are web-generated and Inkscape-Traced)

One weird thing I've found is that sometimes when moving from Inkscape to the LaserCad there are "weird extra lines" that seriously get in the way!  These appear to be part of the "control line things" that Inkscape uses to let you bend and morph images.   (I'm not the best with graphic terminology, sorry).  To solve THAT problem I've started saving bent/morphed images as PDF files, importing them into CorelDraw at the space, and then saving them as vector files for the laser.  It gets rid of those pesky extra-bits.  Most of the time, anyway.

It helps that I've mostly been cutting 1/8" birch plywood (as I had a nice, free, starting supply) so once I learned about the Z-axis and played with some settings it's been easier to get from idea-to-finished.

And everything I've done so far really has been pretty simple and basic.   Even if it doesn't look that way.

Di  <*>

Andrew Ricke

Sep 5, 2014, 10:20:26 PM9/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Tonight's progress: Gears on the side of the box and the monitor mount connected to the box. Also upgraded the wheels and did some hidden structural improvements to the bottom.

The handles are also real nice.
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG

Chris Weiss

Sep 5, 2014, 11:39:55 PM9/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

It's back.

EschewObfuscation

Sep 6, 2014, 8:58:58 AM9/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Might this perhaps collapse your toolchain a bit? http://sourceforge.net/projects/svgcleaner/

Andrew Ricke

Sep 6, 2014, 11:11:30 AM9/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Our new booth in action!
IMG_1344.JPG

Ryan/baslisks

Sep 6, 2014, 2:17:59 PM9/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Iron the sheet and I may say you guys are professionals.

Andrew Ricke

Sep 6, 2014, 4:39:46 PM9/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, hindsight...first time out of the packaging.

Also a wheel broke off, so back to the drawing board on that one.  Will need to bolt them on differently.

ArchCON has been a much smaller crowd than expected, but the number of more personal conversations with truely interested people has been great.

Not having to print toys for kids (like at SciCenter) has allowed me to get some needed prints done like my shapeoko leveling brackets and a new Raspberry Pi B+ case.

Andrew Ricke

Jan 28, 2015, 2:38:06 PM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Going to dig this thread back up....

The PR Box or event booth kit now contains a Raspberry Pi with the needed power and HDMI cables to connect to the Sony LCD that mounts to the top of the frame.  This Raspberry Pi is specially loaded with the presentation and set to automatically play upon being plugged in.

This will save anyone from dedicating a laptop at the events and become a live example of what can Raspberry Pi do.  Please use and provide feedback after events for any changes.

Lloyd is also working on adding a light display that is Aurdino Mega controlled.

Chris Weiss

Jan 28, 2015, 2:40:41 PM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
how easy it would it be to add a momentary switch to a GPIO that
issues a shutdown command to power it off clean?

Travis Megee

Jan 28, 2015, 2:43:26 PM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Travis

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
how easy it would it be to add a momentary switch to a GPIO that
issues a shutdown command to power it off clean?

Chris Weiss

Jan 28, 2015, 2:44:34 PM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
so mostly a matter of working it into the case...