Replicating a plaster plaque

L. V. Lammert

Aug 27, 2016, 11:54:26 AM8/27/16
to Arch Reactor
An 80 year old plaster plaque of my Mom's family crest appeared at our
reunion a few weeks ago, and I would like to make a more durable replica
for her and the group.

It's about 12" square - any thoughts on duplicating it?

Thanks!!

Lee

Diane

Aug 27, 2016, 3:02:07 PM8/27/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Scott R has done a lot of molding/casting both at Arch Reactor and at his job. He may be our "most expert" person. He's often there Tuesday evenings and almost always at 3D printer meetup.

What a fun project!!!

Diane <*>

Myles Farrell

Aug 27, 2016, 4:58:07 PM8/27/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

We do have the ability to cast it in bronze as well.

EschewObfuscation

Aug 30, 2016, 2:53:17 AM8/30/16
to Arch Reactor
You might inquire w smooth on inc for their recommendations for flexible casting compounds to do that. Getting an impression is easy. Getting an impression that lets go of the original, not as much...