Flaming Votex Fountain

Derek Sigler

Jan 5, 2018, 7:20:55 PM1/5/18
to Arch Reactor

redin...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2018, 10:03:21 AM1/11/18
to Arch Reactor
Yeah, that may be on my to do list. That is cool!!

Brian.

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 6:20:55 PM UTC-6, Derek wrote:
> Someone needs to step and and put their name on this project for Fire and Ice.
> Watch to the end.
>

> How To Make a Giant Flaming Vortex Fountain

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 16, 2018, 11:00:44 PM1/16/18
to Arch Reactor
Brian,

If you are unable to make this happen, let me know. I can either take the lead or assist you with it.

I have some strips of LEDs, but I don't know if they are waterproof or not. I'm currently sourcing materials, so if anybody has any of the materials listed please reply here or send me a private message.

Gene Jordan

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 20, 2018, 4:32:44 AM1/20/18
to Arch Reactor
Here is a screenshot of most of the materials if bought new via Amazon.com

I'd like to source any of them locally before paying for them. It's just under $60 total for the waterproof LEDs, container, pump, and tray.

I have a bucket. I may have a water pump as the one I have may not move enough water. I'll be checking a few thrift stores on Sunday for the dispenser and tray.

I'm also looking for tubing for the water and the propane and an old wooden window shade to cover up the bucket/hide the cords.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9rRCoc6fgOfdhGZq1

redin...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2018, 2:32:33 PM2/3/18
to Arch Reactor
Almost done with my flaming vortex. Will post pics soon.

Morganism

Feb 3, 2018, 7:04:27 PM2/3/18
to Arch Reactor
That takes Fire and Ice up a level!

Brian Oleson

Feb 3, 2018, 8:24:04 PM2/3/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Should have it up tomorrow. The bottom of the drink dispenser is not flat. Causing issue. I will overcome!!

Sent from my iPhone

redin...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 1:40:12 PM2/4/18
to Arch Reactor
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 6:20:55 PM UTC-6, Derek wrote:
> Someone needs to step and and put their name on this project for Fire and Ice.
> Watch to the end.
>

> How To Make a Giant Flaming Vortex Fountain
>

> How To Make a Giant Flaming Vortex Fountain
> In today's video we're taking the desktop vortex fountain and scaling it up, and adding a few new features! Subs...

Ok, so I got the fire working. But it melted the top of the drinking container. Going to see if I can make an aluminum edge to protect it.

redin...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 8:22:30 PM2/6/18
to Arch Reactor

Frank Kallal

Feb 7, 2018, 4:05:59 AM2/7/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thinking on the Melting issue.. You could use a Glass Vessel as they Make Bits that will cut through Glass easy enough.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 7:22 PM, <redin...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://youtu.be/FgluxIqLw4M