Laser - Z-axis?

Diane Sudduth

Jul 16, 2015, 11:33:18 AM7/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've been asked by a friend to do some double-sided laser stuff on 1/8" material (which I don't have and won't have for a minimum of a week and possibly longer) and was curious if we had any idea when the z-axis belt might be able to be replaced?    I'm not in a rush, just curious, as I can't really do this job unless I can adjust the Z....

Thanks!

Diane  <*>

Andrew Ricke

Jul 16, 2015, 12:33:45 PM7/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Travis is out all this week.  Also, I don't know how much of a priority he will make this before mid-August however.  He's got a valid excuse.

Not sure if anyone else is looking at it?

Keith Rogers

Jul 16, 2015, 1:04:56 PM7/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Can the table be manually adjusted?  I'm remembering that's how it used to work way back before the newer controller was installed.

Travis Megee

Jul 16, 2015, 1:23:24 PM7/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Belt has arrived but I'm out of town.

Travis

Diane Sudduth

Jul 16, 2015, 1:43:06 PM7/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Travis.

Keith, the z-axis belt broke recently and there is currently a clamp-like thing holding a temporary in place but it's currently sent for deep cutting and can't be adjusted for more shallow material.    Some things can be cut using a shim, but it's difficult for precision double-sided engraving which is what I'm interested in this time.

Diane  <*>

Travis Megee

Jul 21, 2015, 11:37:21 PM7/21/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
All better now!

Diane

Jul 22, 2015, 12:41:07 AM7/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My Hero!!!  Thanks, Travis!!

Diane  <*>

Diane

Jul 22, 2015, 7:38:40 PM7/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Came by the space to try a keychain for a friend and even slow the text is engraving really fuzzy.   Cuts worked ok, though.

image1.jpeg

Diane  <*>

Travis Megee

Jul 22, 2015, 7:39:40 PM7/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Ah crap I totally forgot to check that wheel in the gantry.

Travis

On Jul 22, 2015, at 18:38, Diane <sudd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Came by the space to try a keychain for a friend and even slow the text is engraving really fuzzy.   Cuts worked ok, though.

Diane

Jul 22, 2015, 7:46:11 PM7/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
You did a million other things last night, easy to forget one little thing.   Next time you have time...

Diane  <*>

Robert Kleeschulte

Jul 22, 2015, 7:55:02 PM7/22/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Interesting fuzz. Looks like it's ghosting.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/FB209007-8828-410E-ACE7-D125D8AAAE85%40gmail.com.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Keith Rogers

Jul 23, 2015, 12:50:14 AM7/23/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
looks like laser isn't making a clean escape and is reflecting off of something.