Blacksmithing and Forge Training tonight!--Info below

Morganism

Jan 9, 2018, 11:07:38 AM1/9/18
to Arch Reactor
Our Sergeant at Arms is offering Blacksmithing and Forge training tonight!  See the information below:

Don't forget Arch Reactor will be hosting shop training tomorrow tuesday Jan 9th.

By popular demand this month's topic will be basic blacksmithing and forge operation. The class will consist of a short classroom presentation followed by live demos. Depending on the number of attendees we may even be able to rotate people through for a short hands on session. This class will cover safety, forge operation, and BASIC forging techniques. Please wear long pants and closed toe shoes, preferably thick non-synthetic materials such as jeans and boots.

As aways this class is free and open to the public. There is no registration fee for the class and this particular class has required material fee. However our propane tanks are getting low and a few dollars thrown in the donation box to get them refilled would be appreciated.

• What we'll do
Sorry for the late notice. This accidentally only got posted to Arch Reactor's calendar and not Meet Up or Facebook and we just noticed.

Due to the large number requests the basic blacksmithing class is back. This class will cover the basic safety, operation, and forming techniques to use Arch Reactor's blacksmithing forge. We will start with a short classroom presentation followed by a longer live demonstration. After that, depending on the number of attendees, we may be able to rotate people threw for a short hands on portion.

• What to bring
Arch Reactor has all the needed safety equipment, but attendees will need to wear long pants and closed toe shoes, preferably thicker non-synthetic, such as jeans and boots.

Like always our classes are free of registration fees to the public and there is no materials fee for this class. However our propane tanks are getting low and need to be refilled, so a couple dollars to throw in the donation box would be appreciated.

• Important to know