Obtaining full member status

ruge...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2015, 2:29:29 PM2/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I have been looking around for a way to contact somebody regarding joining your group. I am an amateur woodworker and I have most of my own tools, but not a comfortable place to work. I am wondering about the details of the waiting period and voting process involved in gaining full membership. Could anybody fill me in?

Kamikaze Joe

Feb 15, 2015, 3:10:06 PM2/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Firstly, show up and say "Hi".  If there is an event on the calendar, or you see the space announced as open here on the list, visitors are welcome.  We don't charge anyone to just come and play with us.

If you've been showing up, and you feel like you want to contribute something, then you can become a supporting member at $15 a month.  If you've been coming as a supporting member long enough that we recognize you and know that you won't murder us in our sleep, you can be voted in as a full member at $45 a month.

The specific requirements are at least a month membership as a supporting member, and three sponsors (and extremely easy thing to do).  This buffer is to just make sure that anyone with $45 and a pickup truck doesn't clean us out.  You are then eligible for additional benefits like a key for 24 hour access, storage space, and running for the board.  We just need some notice so we can arrange for the vote at a business meeting.

However our budget is dependent on the full membership dues, and we do ask they are paid promptly.  If for whatever reason you can't, contact the board of directors and something can be worked out.  We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay a member, but you are also welcome to come and go as you please.

---

Preserve your right to privacy.  When replying to this email, I encourage you to make use of PGP compliant encryption.  My key ID is A50DB9BC.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM, <ruge...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys, I have been looking around for a way to contact somebody regarding joining your group.  I am an amateur woodworker and I have most of my own tools, but not a comfortable place to work.  I am wondering about the details of the waiting period and voting process involved in gaining full membership.  Could anybody fill me in?

ruge...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2015, 3:39:36 PM2/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, ruge...@gmail.com
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 1:29:29 PM UTC-6, ruge...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey guys, I have been looking around for a way to contact somebody regarding joining your group. I am an amateur woodworker and I have most of my own tools, but not a comfortable place to work. I am wondering about the details of the waiting period and voting process involved in gaining full membership. Could anybody fill me in?

Hey that sounds totally reasonable. I noticed you've got a meeting on the seventeeth thereabouts so I'll try to make it to that one and maybe get to know some folks. Thanks for the info buddy :)