Need a toaster for a reflow oven

Derek Sigler

Sep 6, 2016, 1:33:33 PM9/6/16
to Arch Reactor
It is time to make a reflow oven for the space.  Our pico balloon boards (see attached) are really too small to do by hand.  Does anyone have a zero to lightly used oven to donate?
Thanks,
-derek

Examples:

pico.jpg

Ben West

Sep 6, 2016, 1:47:25 PM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've no oven to donate, but I do recall from prior research needing to be picky about the brand/model of toaster oven to use.  Some couldn't get up to temperature.

Sparkfun gave this Oster a pretty thorough rundown.
https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/60

Looks like the Make article involves a control module built around a Black & Decker.

Chris Weiss

Sep 6, 2016, 1:59:45 PM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
there'a rough looking toaster oven at the space that may or may not be slated for such a project.

there's also a hotplate somewhere that has been previously used for "bake and shake" desoldering and may also suffice for reflow.

Derek Sigler

Sep 6, 2016, 2:02:18 PM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Correct.  Seems a dual element 1500W oven is the best candidate.

Frank Kallal

Sep 6, 2016, 2:45:19 PM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have one At Home that has broken.  It was a Pretty decent Oven, and Likely only needs some love to get it going again.   It lost it's Counter-space and won't get that love here.  I can bring it in tonight if you want it to play with.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Correct.  Seems a dual element 1500W oven is the best candidate.

Robert Kleeschulte

Sep 6, 2016, 5:59:13 PM9/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I know the brown mini oven I brought in had been used for powder coating a few small items. Not sure if it made the move.

Xsfx2000

Sep 7, 2016, 6:02:55 AM9/7/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I could build those by hand- I do so at work.