İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

benjamin...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
16 Eyl 2015 10:24:3216.09.2015
alıcı Arch Reactor
Hi I'm Ben and I'm a software Engineer. I met some of your group at the Science Center and wanted to join the group. I'm looking into getting into 3D printing for cos-play design and learn electronics from other makers. I do have a couple of questions though.

I see a lot of private events in the calendar. They look to be just web conference events. Is that correct or are these events in person with people allowed to conference in if they can't physically be there? If these are private events in person can I not use the workshop at all during these times? I wanted to work on stuff during the day on the weekend.

I read on the site that before becoming a supporting member, I should talk with a full member. Could one of the full members contact me to go over membership details please. I would need to know how the rules for using the 3D printer would work.

Kamikaze Joe

okunmadı,
16 Eyl 2015 11:29:2916.09.2015
alıcı arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The private events you are seeing are a rarity.  There is a group currently using our space to conduct some classes.  The rules for events like that fall under our "Don't be a dick" rule.  You are still welcome to use the space according (as a supporting member you would still need a full member to open the space) but just don't interfere with the event that is happening.  This usually means stay off the loud power tools.  3D printers aren't very noisy and are on the other side of the space away from the classroom area.  Those are generally safe to use without causing a ruckus.

Most of the time, the space is pretty empty during the weekdays.

---

Preserve your right to privacy.  When replying to this email, I encourage you to make use of PGP compliant encryption.  My key ID is A50DB9BC.

Tony Strawhun

okunmadı,
16 Eyl 2015 11:31:4316.09.2015
alıcı Arch Reactor
Ben,

Welcome to the group and to the discussion board.

I would encourage you to attend one of our community nights (Tuesday and Sunday nights) where you can view the space, meet members, and become more familiar with AR.

In general, as long as there is a full member present, community and supporting members are welcome, although there are scheduled events that take priority on the space and resources (aka if the event needs space or equipment, they have trump status). That again generally means common courtesy and keep the noise to a reasonable level.

Hope this clarifies some confusion, but please feel free to reach out if you still have questions

Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir
0 yeni ileti