Bright Ideas -

Frank Kallal

Jul 2, 2017, 2:03:14 PM7/2/17
to Arch Reactor

Hey Folks,

We are 13 days out from the Bright Ideas Festival @ the Science Center, and we have 3 people that have said they are available to work.   We are set to have Three Full tables (just shy of Half the Tables in our “Village” area) and we are also teaching a Class. More would be Very Helpful.

Last year they estimated that they had had 4500 people in normal Saturday attendance and an Additional 1500 people that were there for Bright Ideas.  This year they are actually advertising it a bit and expect those numbers to go up.

Even if you don’t know how to Run the 3D Printer, You can talk about AR and the reason’s why you are a member.  If you aren’t available all day, come for a couple hours, worse case scenario, you are an additional set of hands for the Class, or Breaking folks out for lunch.  Also If we Know in advance you get to park for Free and the Science center is Covering a Lunch (Via Voucher).

This is a great Opportunity to get infront of a lot of folks in the St. Louis metro Market, many of which are actually there to see the “Maker / Artistic” Community.  There are 34 Other Folks there and all of them have some activity to show off.

If you have the day open Please Come out and Support Arch Reactor, So Maybe those of us that are already signed up Might actually get a Lunch time / Free moment to look around as well.  Get your Monthly Volunteer hours in.

Sign up here :  https://goo.gl/myuS9e

Frank

Frank Kallal

Jul 2, 2017, 2:07:14 PM7/2/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Also I know we have a few folks that are looking for Membership and haven’t quite made it in yet, you are also welcome to come out and volunteer as well.  Just Sign up on the form.

Nathan Schrenk

Jul 3, 2017, 1:24:25 AM7/3/17
to Arch Reactor
I think I have already signed up on the form. Is there any way for me to go back and see what I entered?

Nathan

Frank Kallal

Jul 3, 2017, 2:08:04 AM7/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have sent it directly to you

Frank Kallal

Jul 3, 2017, 5:14:16 PM7/3/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

We've had a Couple more Volunteer in.  But we really could still use at least Two or Three more.  Even More than that would be Great.

We are all in for our own reasons, But NONE of us want our Hobbies to become work.  Things like this are a Necessary evil, in Recruiting we expand our membership, and our message.  Spreading the Work Out between folks means there is Less we all have to do.

 If you have the day Free, please Volunteer some time in.  Do Not think "Hey Someone else will get it covered".

Lunch and Parking are Covered,  All it takes is your Free time.   Make it so we can all have a good time.

Frank

Nathan Schrenk

Jul 12, 2017, 7:49:51 PM7/12/17
to Arch Reactor
Regarding Bright Ideas: I am signed up but haven't heard much about when/where I need to show up, what I'm on the hook to do, etc. Did I miss some communication?

Nathan

Frank Kallal

Jul 12, 2017, 8:06:28 PM7/12/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Nathan,

Naw I've been chasing down the needed info.  I will be sending an email out with Info Tonight.

Frank

Jim S

Jul 12, 2017, 8:08:32 PM7/12/17
to Arch Reactor
I don't think so.  I was about to post the same question.  I wasn't able to make the meeting...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/92f46a04-2025-4ca7-93a9-667024e688e1%40googlegroups.com.

Jim S

Jul 13, 2017, 2:16:59 PM7/13/17
to Arch Reactor
Frank,

Thanks for pulling this together.  Since there wasn't any information about where help might be short can I assume that all areas are reasonably well covered?  I checked several areas I could help with when I signed up but didn't plan to do all of them.  Is morning load up covered?

Jim

Frank Kallal

Jul 13, 2017, 3:47:22 PM7/13/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Great Questions.. Last year Our tables were split up and Necessitated more sorta Specialization as to what you were doing.   (IE I spent much of the Day at the Egg table with Diane.)  The Form was Made before we had much info for this year, so it used the Last years Concepts just in case.

This year our Tables are Together, so the Only split off will be Chris with his Class.  So Mostly we will all be together, and able to fill in as needed.  Chris is still working on exactly what they are doing in Class, So i'm just going to leave it to him to grab who/what he needs on the day of. ;)

we have 9 People total that have Signed up.  but many are a few hours here or a Few hours there.  My Main intention is to not have to eat lunch while I'm actively talking to people about AR.   ;)

Frank

Nathan Schrenk

Jul 13, 2017, 3:57:16 PM7/13/17
to Arch Reactor
I can be at AR at 8am (or shortly thereafter) to help load. Unless you tell me I won't be needed to help load, then I'll meet you at the Science Center at 9 and get a bit more sleep.

I'll be able to stay and work wherever I am needed until 1pm.

Derek Sigler

Jul 13, 2017, 4:09:55 PM7/13/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will be at AR @ 8:00 AM.  Leaving by 12:30.

Chris Weiss

Jul 14, 2017, 10:46:26 AM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
i'm back in town and will be spending the better part of the day at AR making sure the laptops all run smooth for tomorrow and putting finishing touches on my class.

the official schedule fr the class is 45 minutes run time starting at 11, 1, and 3.  this gives about an hour between classes to regroup or browse around.  i expect class setup to start around 10 so we'll be able to help setup the tables before that.

I'll also make a cheat sheet for my voodoo magic display so that Frank can understand the science :D

Frank Kallal

Jul 14, 2017, 11:10:21 AM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
this is all because Chris Rocks :)

Nathan Schrenk

Frank Kallal

Derek Sigler

Jul 14, 2017, 2:26:56 PM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
First, Nathan sorry to hear the circumstances.

Second, Is someone bringing a printer or should I bring mine?

Frank Kallal

Jul 14, 2017, 2:43:56 PM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
@Derek, I believe you are good to leave yours Home.  Morgan is Bringing his, and One of the other guys was talking about bringing one as well.  So we have one possibly two.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
First, Nathan sorry to hear the circumstances.

Second, Is someone bringing a printer or should I bring mine?

Chris Weiss

Jul 14, 2017, 2:58:43 PM7/14/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
i've confirmed that setup can start as early as 8:30

sorry to hear that Nathan.  I hope the rest of your weekend is without unexpected events