3D Printing Class for Beginners

directorofpu...@archreactor.org

May 4, 2016, 12:15:37 PM5/4/16
to Arch Reactor
We have had several requests for a basic 3D printing class. This is for members and non-members who have never 3D printed before and need get started. Topics will include everything from design to completed print. Machines will be available to demonstrate and learn on.

3D Printing Class
Tuesday May 10th 7pm
at Arch Reactor
2215 Scott Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103

*open to public free class*
This will be a in depth look at 3D printing, from taking a sketch all the way to printing out your design. This will include talking about the advantages and disadvantages of different 3D design software, like Google Sketch Up, and Autodesk Fusion 360 to name a few. We will look at many different 3D printers including Delta and Cartesian style. We will also have many printers available to use/see including a UV resin based SLA Form 1+.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

May 5, 2016, 8:20:35 PM5/5/16
to Arch Reactor
Great idea! Do participants need to RSVP?

Morgan Miransky

May 5, 2016, 9:32:03 PM5/5/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

No need. Open class,  just like the others.

On May 5, 2016 7:20 PM, "Gene J. (GeekTinker)" <gene....@gmail.com> wrote:
Great idea! Do participants need to RSVP?

jimski...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 11:14:57 PM5/8/16
to Arch Reactor
I will be there. Have used Sketchup just a little, Fusion 360 a bit more. Have set up some milling with it and really like it, although I don't have much to compare it to and have found a few issues and bugs. Will be interesting to get the 3d printing perspective.