Anyone need a full-height rack?

Ben West

Mar 4, 2015, 6:27:07 PM3/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Minerva has this guy sitting around.  Door closes, but key missing.

Minerva was asking $50, but I think also willingness to pick up and schlep away would suffice too.  (Please direct inquiries to lopez....@gmail.com.)

--

20150211_121338.jpg

Ryan Williams

Mar 4, 2015, 6:40:15 PM3/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'm interested

mylesmich...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2015, 5:49:25 PM3/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Think there is anyway we can modify that to be the metal storage rack?

Ben West

Mar 5, 2015, 5:58:07 PM3/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Generally it's more expensive to fasten shelves securely to a rack than just to buy your own metal shelving unit w/o rack rails. I think this may be taken now, anyway.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM, <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Think there is anyway we can modify that to be the metal storage rack?

Deech

Mar 6, 2015, 12:54:45 PM3/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Not to mention we've had multiple racks come to the space and sit around months without anybody using it until we finally just got rid of them because they are huge and take up space.

I don't want any more racks to come into the space until there's a specific reason for it.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Mar 6, 2015, 11:50:16 PM3/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
To be fair, that was quite a long time ago when we had far fewer members. The one I used for the library shelves only sat around for a short time after it was retired from holding equipment in the corner by the desk until it was turned into the library.

I don't see a problem with someone offering one to the members or otherwise and bringing it in once they have found someone to take it or making arrangements to pick it up off site, as was done in this case.

Deech

Mar 8, 2015, 10:16:11 AM3/8/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Thus the last part of my comment "unless there is a specific reason for it"

On Mar 6, 2015 10:50 PM, "Gene J. (GeekTinker)" <gene....@gmail.com> wrote:
To be fair, that was quite a long time ago when we had far fewer members. The one I used for the library shelves only sat around for a short time after it was retired from holding equipment in the corner by the desk until it was turned into the library.

I don't see a problem with someone offering one to the members or otherwise and bringing it in once they have found someone to take it or making arrangements to pick it up off site, as was done in this case.

Minerva Lopez

Mar 8, 2015, 2:30:42 PM3/8/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Ryan,

I would like the rack out of there asap as it's currently in my way.  Do you think it may be possible for you to take it this week?  I'll be there 10-5 Mon-Fri.  If you're unable to do that I can call the Salvation Army and have it picked up.

Thank you,

Ryan Williams

Mar 8, 2015, 2:40:47 PM3/8/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes I'll come by and pick it up this week. I can do Monday after 3pm; I'll be sure to contact you before I get there.

Thank you,
Ryan