maintenance person needed for lasercutter in north st louis school

Ann Boes

Dec 21, 2016, 8:33:51 AM12/21/16
to Arch Reactor
Hi - this was posted on the k-12 fablabs forum that I follow

Hello all,

I'm trying to locate someone who could do some maintenance work on a small laser cutter (Full Spectrum H-Series) in a school in Jennings ( North St. Loius)  as an hourly fee. I have set the up the machine and the teachers are doing some cutting with students for the first time this month. It's a work in progress getting them confident with everything. Mostly I'm working on the curriculum development and trying to get the school really engaged with the equipment. They are a great group of educators and students, but there is not that one teacher who will stay up late tinkering with stuff and problem solving and I think the kids will take this role eventually. I have got them used to using google hangout, so potentially we could video conference on issues as part of the initial maintenance consultation, then if the issue is not solved, I'm looking for on-site work for them for big issues, and I think they can manage the periodic maintenance as we move forward.
Let me know if anyone knows of someone who might be interested or well suited for this.

Regards,John