April 2015 Build Night with InstaMorph and Instructables.com

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 26, 2015, 1:12:26 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have submitted Arch Reactor for the April 2015 Build Night with InstaMorph and Instructables.com

http://www.instructables.com/community/April-2015-Build-Night-with-InstaMorph/

If we get one of the slots, we will need to add this to the April calendar during the March meeting. Hopefully, we will know one way or another by then.

Learn more about the product here: http://www.instamorph.com/ and start thinking about what you can use it for or make out of it.

Gene

George Fetters

Feb 26, 2015, 5:49:00 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice.  Is this the same stuff that had had radioshack?  It kind of looks like it.

Tom Blevins

Feb 26, 2015, 9:26:37 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks a lot like it and InstaMorph has a lot of names.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 26, 2015, 9:55:28 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
They had a product called "U-Mold Plastic". It's the same stuff under a different brand name. The last I heard, the product had an MSRP of $30 and Radio Shack was selling it for $2.95 at one point. This was last year, before their massive sales and store closings.

They may have sold Instamorph at one point, too. In fact, the samples being used for the Instructables night in April could have been intended for Radio Shacks, but was never sent. ;)  (this is just a theory).

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 26, 2015, 10:14:17 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is a video review of Instamorph. Because of it, we should want to add some nitrile gloves to the list of materials for this build niight.

The video starts at about the 7 minute mark after they have done a quick review of the new Raspberry Pi

Keith Rogers

Feb 28, 2015, 1:40:16 AM2/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Polycaprolactone

Also sold as shapelock..  Is fun stuff!

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Mar 3, 2015, 10:46:37 AM3/3/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
And the Good News is: Arch Reactor was selected for the Instructables Build Night with Instamorph in April 2015.

The package of goodies should be on it's way shortly.  A date will likely be set for the event during tonight's 3/3 Arch reactor meeting.

Please check out the websites http://www.instamorph.com/ideas and http://www.instructables.com/howto/instamorph/ to see what can be made with it, then come up with something you'd like to make with it.

Gene

Morganism

Mar 3, 2015, 3:29:42 PM3/3/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com