The Laser is Currently Down

Diane Sudduth

Dec 23, 2016, 11:59:09 PM12/23/16
to Arch Reactor
It is with great sadness that I must report that the laser has contracted a serious power-supply issue and will not be functional until Travis returns from his holiday vacation.    The laser abruptly stopped firing earlier this evening.   Travis was kind enough to spend rather a LOT of time on the phone with Tony troubleshooting and trying LOTS of things.   Diagnosis:  Dead Power Supply.    Travis is ordering a new one which will hopefully arrive in town about the same time he returns from vacation.

No chance of a repair before Friday, December 30, and that is not promised by any means.   It may be down until the first week of January.

Sadly, this means that the Laser Class currently scheduled for December 29, is also cancelled.

Frank Kallal

Dec 24, 2016, 12:08:01 AM12/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I know it's not a Great Help, but If there is Dire need for something to be done. Folks are welcome to make the Trek to my place :)

 Or send me a File and I can likely run something, and Meet up.  All would depend on Scheduling, as with the Holiday season i'm out alot.

Fk

Jim S

Dec 29, 2016, 10:34:19 AM12/29/16
to Arch Reactor
Is it worth an autopsy of the old one to see if something could be done to repair it as a spare or prolong the life of the new one?  I am not familiar specifically with laser power supplies but am very familiar with switching power supply circuitry so could take a look.

Travis Megee

Jan 6, 2017, 11:13:03 PM1/6/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Laser is back up.

EschewObfuscation

Jan 7, 2017, 11:12:43 AM1/7/17
to Arch Reactor
YAY!

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 10:13:03 PM UTC-6, Chankster wrote:
Laser is back up.