Vinyl Cutter

Frank Kallal

Aug 15, 2015, 2:13:55 AM8/15/15
to Arch Reactor
So a question.

For the Vinyl Cutter.  do the Rolls that it use have to be a certain size?

Is there anything i need to know if i was to go looking for a specific Color Roll for use on it?

Thanks

Fk

Frank Kallal

Aug 15, 2015, 2:20:44 AM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Travis Megee

Aug 15, 2015, 12:22:58 PM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Nope, 12" or 24" work just fine.  The machine sizes the width of the roll when you turn it on.  The Oracal vinyl definitely works well and I've also had good results with the signwarehouse house brand EnduraGloss.

Travis

Chris Weiss

Aug 15, 2015, 2:55:43 PM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it's 24" cutter, so 24" is the max.  sometimes 16" is better price, it's fairly flexible on the width.  you can also use wider rolls, but have to cut off smaller sheets and do each sheet separate.

plan on losing at least 1/4" on each side for the rollers, they compress a bit harder than the center roller and don't get cut as well so it's best to avoid it.  I typically plan on 23" max cut for a 24" roll.

Frank Kallal

Aug 15, 2015, 5:27:24 PM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
So Um does someone happen to know the model Number, I'ld like to look up the manual.

Or a Brief overview of it.  Was thinking of using it next time i'm down if i can get some General instruction on it.

Frank

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
it's 24" cutter, so 24" is the max.  sometimes 16" is better price, it's fairly flexible on the width.  you can also use wider rolls, but have to cut off smaller sheets and do each sheet separate.

plan on losing at least 1/4" on each side for the rollers, they compress a bit harder than the center roller and don't get cut as well so it's best to avoid it.  I typically plan on 23" max cut for a 24" roll.

Chris Weiss

Aug 15, 2015, 6:13:15 PM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it's a Vinyl Express from the days before they put manuals online.

it's also old and has a couple behaviours that the manual won't mention.  it's best of Deech or I or some that's used it shows you.  I think maybe Travis knows?  and Joe?

Frank Kallal

Aug 15, 2015, 6:15:18 PM8/15/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh i wouldn't use it without someone there to actually tech me to use it..  That's kinda the rule with EQ :)   but the manual would at leave give me the general overview Ahead of time.