Drywall delivery

Myles Farrell

Jun 22, 2016, 3:26:21 PM6/22/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I managed to get a donation of drywall from P&A drywall. It's condition varies, but most of it should be usable. They have even generously offered to deliver it for us. They plan to drop it off between 11 and 2 pm tomorrow, Thursday the 23rd during their other deliveries. They are going to drop it with a forklift on the concrete pad next to the ramp. It is not suppose to rain tomorrow, but i would like to get it inside ASAP before we do get showers. I can not get down there tomorrow until like 8 or 9 pm. i was wondering if people could self organize on this thread to have a half dozen people show up tomorrow and move it. I'm thinking we can move it to where the middle of the storage room will be in front of the elevator. Please don't stack it in the cleared area at the classroom/shop interface. Also a few sheets have one corner covered in mud (dirt mud, not drywall mud) and they assured me that a stiff brushing with a broom would remove this and make it usable. If you can do this before you move it inside that would be great. It's not a ton of work with 6 people i estimate only half an hour of work.

Myles

Morganism

Jun 22, 2016, 3:36:05 PM6/22/16
to Arch Reactor
I am planning on being there tomorrow night. Several of us were going to meet to work on the microscope. I can bring a few sheets in. We weren't going to start until 8pm since it is so hot, but I will come down after work if I can.

Frank Kallal

Jun 22, 2016, 3:57:44 PM6/22/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm meeting with someone to Hand of a Lasered Product at the space tomorrow (as it's a convenient mid point).  I'll bring my older Boy and we will move some in.. Still waiting on the meeting time frame from my POC.

Chris Weiss

Jun 22, 2016, 9:37:33 PM6/22/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can be there by 6

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jun 23, 2016, 3:05:30 AM6/23/16
to Arch Reactor
There is a forecast for a thunderstorm in the morning. The ground may still be wet by 11:00. There was a rolled up large black plastic tarp in the red topped black cabinet by the storage room. That could be used to cover the ground before the drywall is dropped off or to cover the drywall itself.

Frank, can you keep me posted with your arrival time? I may be able to help a bit, especially at 11 am when it is to be dropped off. Use FB Messenger or SMS and I'll check in with you.

Gene

Frank Kallal

Jun 23, 2016, 3:10:09 AM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I'll be there around Noon.

Chris Weiss

Jun 23, 2016, 11:04:18 AM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
the rain evaporated before it hit the ground :D

Chris Weiss

Jun 23, 2016, 11:25:54 AM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
we've been asked to keep the path to the elevator clear, so maybe that's not a good place for it unless we're ready to build walls right now.

they do need to be laid flat.  would back where the AC units were stored work?  that's pretty out of the way.

Frank Kallal

Jun 23, 2016, 1:37:45 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'm here there's not a whole lot of places to put this amount of drywall there's a lot out there. See attached

we've been asked to keep the path to the elevator clear, so maybe that's not a good place for it unless we're ready to build walls right now.

they do need to be laid flat.  would back where the AC units were stored work?  that's pretty out of the way.

20160623_123631.jpg

Travis Megee

Jun 23, 2016, 1:49:31 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Myles Farrell

Jun 23, 2016, 1:50:18 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well OK then. We had only talked about the stack closest to the ramp in the picture, but I'm not going to complain about getting extra 2.5 as much donated. Chris, we can still try to keep most of the elevator clear, but the area with the air conditions got filled with chip board when we organized a bit tuesday night. It should be kept laying down if at all possible, it is far easier to damage when it is standing up. My current thought would be roll the cart with some drywall on it into the classroom area, throw out the red and grey tool box and stack them between the furnace and elevator/server rack, where the cart of dry wall is now.

Since we have had so much more donated we are really going to need people help bring it in. That is too much for the three people who have piped up to handle

Andrew Ricke

Jun 23, 2016, 1:56:58 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there around 6ish or so to help.  Need to swing home first.

Now we just need some studs to finish this job (pun intended).

Frank Kallal

Jun 23, 2016, 1:57:19 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Yeah unfortunately my time is very limited today only had about a half an hour 45 minutes I can put into this. Was really only here today to Meetup with a laser customer and this lined up with that

I could probably make time tomorrow most anytime

Frank Kallal

Jun 23, 2016, 2:08:18 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I had to leave attached is an image of that cart so you know everything that will need to be moved off of it

20160623_130213.jpg

Myles Farrell

Jun 23, 2016, 2:57:00 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh my intention wasn't to pull everything off the cart, just to roll it out of the way. However upon further consideration placing the sheet rock in the storage room where we are going to frame it in and then need to carry it around to where we need it sounds dumb. Maybe we should place it in the middle of the classroom where the racing game is. This will put it closest to where the majority is going to be used.

Chris Weiss

Jun 23, 2016, 4:06:12 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I put a call out on facebook.  go share the post

Diane

Jun 23, 2016, 5:03:41 PM6/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you drop the sheet rock in the classroom herewith my apologies for having my loom in the way.   I'm picking it up tomorrow to take to Maker Faire so please don't block it in.

Thanks for arranging such a generous donation, Myles!!!

Diane  <*>

Tom Blevins

Jun 23, 2016, 6:24:30 PM6/23/16
to Arch Reactor
There are three piles of sheet rock. It is heavy 5/8" thick and longer than 8' sections. John S came in to move some but he cannot move a sheet by himself. He has handles to aid in the carrying of the sheets. He said, " it will take more than 1 person to carry a sheet maybe 3 to carry one." He brought in two sets of handles and left to go buy more handles.
-Tom

Chris Weiss

Jun 23, 2016, 9:30:34 PM6/23/16
to Arch Reactor

We had only 6 people over 2 hours and got one stack and a little more in.  We're all beat.  Need more people!

Frank Kallal

Jun 24, 2016, 7:34:31 AM6/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

If there is a time frame today I can make it over

nfolken

Jun 24, 2016, 6:47:43 PM6/24/16
to Arch Reactor
Forecast currently shows a chance of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon.

I can spend an hour or so tonight, but I would need at least 1 other person to help. Would anyone else be able to help me tonight? Just give me a time frame

Myles Farrell

Jun 24, 2016, 6:49:24 PM6/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'm on my way soon, but realistically we'll need more like 4 or 6 people.

Frank Kallal

Jun 24, 2016, 7:12:17 PM6/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately at this point I can't make it over until 8:30 or 9 ... I got dinner on the stove already.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm on my way soon, but realistically we'll need more like 4 or 6 people.

nfolken

Jun 24, 2016, 7:34:36 PM6/24/16
to Arch Reactor
I can plan for 8:30 (it will have cooled off a little by then).

That is unless we can get more people to volunteer for tomorrow morning, which I could also do.

Frank Kallal

Jun 24, 2016, 7:42:53 PM6/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow Morning would be better for me as well..

Kids are getting HairCuts at 7:30 am, so i could be there around 9:30 or so

Frank Kallal

Jun 24, 2016, 9:44:30 PM6/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Can we set a Good Time For the morning?  I pushed the boys haircut to next week already, so i'm open in the morning if i can get time frame tonight.

I'm fine with early.  it's cooler then anyway

Frank

jimski...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2016, 10:15:20 PM6/24/16
to Arch Reactor
I can help around noon Saturday if there is any left to move.

nfolken

Jun 25, 2016, 12:24:26 AM6/25/16
to Arch Reactor, jimski...@gmail.com
There is a little more than half a stack left. We covered it with a tarp. I can't put in any more time this weekend, but it would be great if the two of you (and anyone else) could get to the rest of it. It should go on the nearest stack inside.

Frank Kallal

Jun 25, 2016, 1:57:02 AM6/25/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, jimski...@gmail.com
I'd Love to be there more, but the lack of Notice / Scheduling kills my availability unfortunately.  If there was Internet I could go and just sit there and wait on folk, because i could at least Work, but without it I can't drive the hour each way to just wait on people.  As it stands the only person with a time for the morning is 12 with Jim.

@Jim can you be there at 10:30?  I can be there anytime in the morning, but i have to be walking out by noon preferably earlier, as i have an appt at 1pm

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
There is a little more than half a stack left. We covered it with a tarp. I can't put in any more time this weekend, but it would be great if the two of you (and anyone else) could get to the rest of it. It should go on the nearest stack inside.

jimski...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2016, 7:54:24 AM6/25/16
to Arch Reactor, jimski...@gmail.com
I can't do 10:30 due to some other commitments.

Frank Kallal

Jun 25, 2016, 8:13:50 AM6/25/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, jimski...@gmail.com
I think I'm out until Sunday then :(

It's covered with a tarp so it should be fine

jimski...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2016, 11:08:58 AM6/25/16
to Arch Reactor, jimski...@gmail.com
I am going to be going right by a bit later today so I will stop by to see if anyone is there... Was shooting for noon but since there is no schedule it may be later.

Myles Farrell

Jul 1, 2016, 1:22:05 PM7/1/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, jimski...@gmail.com
So it sounds like we are suppose to get torrential rains this weekend (Figures), but i would really like to try to get those last few sheets of drywall in today if possible. I will be in and out of the space from like 2:30 until like 7. Is anyone else available to help bring it in this afternoon?

Morganism

Jul 1, 2016, 1:36:29 PM7/1/16
to Arch Reactor
I was going to come down after work to load up for First Friday. I can bring a few sheets in around 5:30-6pm.

Frank Kallal

Jul 1, 2016, 1:45:40 PM7/1/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Like 5:30 is as good a time as Any.  I will endeavor to be there by then.

I can't stay to do First friday this week unfortunately.