Damaged UPS units for salvage

Don Ellis

Apr 29, 2015, 7:00:07 PM4/29/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have several APC UPS units in my trunk that were new last summer;
flooded in January when a water line froze & broke. Because of the
immersion, I expect the circuitry to be waterlogged/fried, but don't
know whether the batteries survived.

Is anyone interested in opening some of them up to see if the
batteries have survived & could be used in other UPSs? Might be other
parts worth salvage (or not!).

--Don

Brad Tissi

Apr 30, 2015, 8:51:53 AM4/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Batteries never seem to last long if they're on the rack. I'd probably take one 9Ahr if it's available.
As for the UPSs, I'd say that the big question is, are any of them large enough to be worth the effort?

EschewObfuscation

Apr 30, 2015, 10:31:28 AM4/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Have you been bold/crazy enough to smoke test em?

Chris Weiss

May 4, 2015, 3:39:40 PM5/4/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I could use another plug set for the telepresense bot if these use
them, something like
http://img.tjskl.org.cn/pic/z25bde26-0x0-0/50a_175a_350a_600v_battery_storage_charger_connector.jpg