Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

graphix...@gmail.com

no leída,
8 mar 2017, 10:02:508/3/17
a Arch Reactor
I am interested in bringing about 8 high school girls to the CAM class this month. We are an FTC team that has visited before. What would the girls need to bring? What software will be used?

Andrew Ricke

no leída,
8 mar 2017, 11:19:118/3/17
a arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I try to be software neutral in the class.  The class will cover the terminology and methods to translate a CAM design into the gcode required to run on a CNC machine.  Laptops with preferred software would be fine, and perhaps a notebook for notes.

I personally use CAMBAM which has a generous trial period and is a good price for hobbyists.  Another that I am slowly getting familiar with is AutoDesk's Fusion 360, which is a CAD/CAM combo.  Fusion 360 is also free for education and hobbyist use, but as it's a more complex professional tool, its also heavier on the computer requirements.  A third option for the most basic concepts is to use the http://www.makercam.com/ web app.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 9:02 AM, <graphix...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in bringing about 8 high school girls to the CAM class this month.  We are an FTC team that has visited before.  What would the girls need to bring?  What software will be used?

Jim S

no leída,
27 mar 2017, 8:30:1227/3/17
a Arch Reactor
Just wanted to post that I will be attending the CAM class.  I have been using Fusion360 and have a little bit of experience, all just learned by trying things and figuring out what I did wrong...  My interest is mostly in milling and routers but would like to hear of other applications too.

Andrew Ricke

no leída,
28 mar 2017, 18:11:4828/3/17
a Arch Reactor

Class starts at 8pm. I'll be there earlier to setup.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017, 7:30 AM Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wanted to post that I will be attending the CAM class.  I have been using Fusion360 and have a little bit of experience, all just learned by trying things and figuring out what I did wrong...  My interest is mostly in milling and routers but would like to hear of other applications too.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos