Notes on operation of the Shapeoko?

Jim S

May 25, 2017, 10:36:05 AM5/25/17
to Arch Reactor
Is there a guide or notes somewhere for use of this? I have done a bit of 3d cad (Fusion360) and CNC milling using gcode but don't know the specifics of this equipment.

Andrew Ricke

May 25, 2017, 10:41:25 AM5/25/17
to Arch Reactor

That same wiki I sent you has a lot of info.

On Thu, May 25, 2017, 9:36 AM Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a guide or notes somewhere for use of this? I have done a bit of 3d cad (Fusion360) and CNC milling using gcode but don't know the specifics of this equipment.

Jim S

May 25, 2017, 11:01:59 AM5/25/17
to Arch Reactor
Ok.  Thanks.  I was thinking there might be a "cheat sheet" that was specific to our setup but I will go with that.  For others that might be interested this is the link Andy sent me:

I bet it's this one installed: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/GcodeSender

Jim S

May 25, 2017, 1:16:23 PM5/25/17
to Arch Reactor

The wiki
https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Workflow
shows several different tool chains.  What do people at AR typically use and/or what is set up on the PC for the Shapeoko?  I just want something

Chris mentioned there was a test program that repeatedly moves around the 4 corners of a square to test for missed steps.  Where do I find this?

The online docs I found on the AR site for the Shapeoko are from 2012 and talk about making a larger one.  Apparently that project didn't happen?  Or is the machine we have now the result of that project?  Should I be able to update that information?  I may give it a shot.

Chris Weiss

May 25, 2017, 1:53:33 PM5/25/17
to Arch Reactor
I mentioned making a test program.  the only thing setup on the PC is https://www.inventables.com/technologies/easel but other things can be installed.