Table Shop Class

Andrew Ricke

Jan 10, 2017, 9:29:14 PM1/10/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
For the table shop class that is up and coming in 2 weeks (1/24), I wanted to let people pick out their choice of 1 of 2 small simple projects you may make with the table saw.  You can do a basic mitered frame or a basic valet tray box.  We appear to have a lot of raw 2x4 scraps that will suffice, and maybe we'll use up some of the other sheet materials in the pile as well.

Of course you can make something else if you want and have th

Things I want to teach.
Tool prep: checking alignment and basic pre-work maintenance

Safety features:  Using the correct blades, aligning the fence, standing properly, dust control, and various jigs.

Types of Cuts: Rip cut, Cross cuts, Miter & Bevel cuts, Dadoes & Rabbets, and taper cuts.

Methods of Joinery:  Resawing, Rough Edge cutting, Box Joints (as time allows)

Thanks,
Andy

DHull

Jan 12, 2017, 2:21:57 PM1/12/17
to Arch Reactor
I am really looking forward to this! I have never had any proper instruction on how to use a table saw and I have only used one to cut plywood a few times.

Dan

DHull

Jan 24, 2017, 3:29:57 PM1/24/17
to Arch Reactor

Andrew Ricke

Jan 24, 2017, 5:06:19 PM1/24/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will be starting the class around 7pm, but intending to keep it a rolling session as long as we have interest (at least until I'm past my bedtime).  I'll have the earlier students become the teachers for the later arrivals.

Going to try to do some shop TLC if we have good attendance too.

Andy

Chris Weiss

Jan 24, 2017, 5:14:37 PM1/24/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have need of a simple box for a fire and ice display/art thing, likely will be good for at least one set of demo cuts.

Di

Jan 24, 2017, 5:26:35 PM1/24/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a test-cut I'd like to try and have several questions about some upcoming projects I want to try.   Looking forward to tonight!

--

Diane  <*>

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Andrew Ricke <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will be starting the class around 7pm, but intending to keep it a rolling session as long as we have interest (at least until I'm past my bedtime).  I'll have the earlier students become the teachers for the later arrivals.

Going to try to do some shop TLC if we have good attendance too.

Andy

DHull

Jan 25, 2017, 11:38:03 AM1/25/17
to Arch Reactor