a new FTDI on the market

Chris Weiss

Jul 7, 2014, 2:43:41 PM7/7/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201461162/the-visiport2-compact-arduino-programmer

jumper selectable voltage and reset options, and a serial disconnect
switch so that you don't have to unplug it to use code that talks
serial to something else.

and pretty damned small.

Keith Rogers

Jul 7, 2014, 3:41:58 PM7/7/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Slick... and for only $10 shipped!

HoyeBoye

Jul 8, 2014, 11:06:11 AM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! I picked up a bunch of minis on Arduino day. This is much better than using an Uno.

Brad Tissi

Jul 8, 2014, 3:31:42 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Arduino day? Sounds fun, but I get the impression that I missed it.

Would this be used on anything besides the mini/pro?

Chris Weiss

Jul 8, 2014, 3:38:53 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it can used with anything that has 3.3V or 5V tolerant TTL serial.

John Reskusich

Jul 8, 2014, 3:43:43 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I supported the project on the level that gives me two units as a reward.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it can used with anything that has 3.3V or 5V tolerant TTL serial.

HoyeBoye

Jul 8, 2014, 11:20:49 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Arduino day was awesome! It was a Sparkfun sale at the end of March. Mini Pros for $3, Pros for $6, Sparkfun version of Unos for $9. All other Arduinos were crazy cheap too. Oh, what a day :)

Brad Tissi

Jul 9, 2014, 2:01:45 PM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Dang, I'll be waiting a while.
I don't suppose that anyone is willing to sell off a 3.3v Mini or two, eh?

Chris Weiss

Jul 21, 2014, 3:20:49 PM7/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
they didn't get funded, but if you go to the campaign updates they
have a few of them on Tindie for $14 shipped. I'm getting one since I
need a 3.3V FDTI anyway, and this one has advantages over the standard
ones.

HoyeBoye

Aug 8, 2014, 7:20:55 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Mine arrived today and it works as advertised (once I plugged it in correctly :P ) It even included some 90 degree header pins. Thanks for posting about this, Chris!

Brad Tissi

Aug 8, 2014, 10:55:13 PM8/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Got mine too, but I can't test it just yet.
Apparently it was shipped as the wrong type as I still owed a bit of change to USPS. Not a big deal though.