Any way to see if targeted words are used in the local media?

Tom Blevins

Jan 31, 2018, 11:46:46 AM1/31/18
to Arch Reactor
Back in the great old days of Google reader I could have a Google search tell me anytime a topic was mentioned in the news. But since that has gone away I was wondering if there is a new way that I could receive a notification that a topic was mentioned in our local news outlets?

Travis Megee

Jan 31, 2018, 12:02:39 PM1/31/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
There does appear to be https://www.google.com/alerts for search results.

Travis

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Tom Blevins <topazc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Back in the great old days of Google reader I could have a Google search tell me anytime a topic was mentioned in the news.  But since that has gone away I was wondering if there is a new way that I could receive a notification that a topic was mentioned in our local news outlets?

Nathan Schrenk

Feb 1, 2018, 10:58:00 PM2/1/18
to Arch Reactor

When you create a Google Alert you can choose which sources of content you want to be alerted on. It doesn't do exactly what Tom asked for, since it is not limited to "our local news outlets", but it's better than nothing. You can configure the "Sources" to be just News and it will screen out other mentions of that topic.