Is there a place that will buy remnant fabric in St. Louis

Robert Kleeschulte

Mar 5, 2015, 6:06:08 PM3/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My work has a few 2-6 yd rolls and a larger 35yd roll of upholstery
fabric. Didn't know of a place that would be interested in buying them.
Mostly microfiber, cotton, suede, and faux leather. Mostly brown/tan in
color.

Thought about eBay or Etsy also for them.

George Fetters

Mar 5, 2015, 8:40:22 PM3/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The faux leather i would like to see.  How much do you want for them?

On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Robert Kleeschulte <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
My work has a few 2-6 yd rolls and a larger 35yd roll of upholstery fabric. Didn't know of a place that would be interested in buying them. Mostly microfiber, cotton, suede, and faux leather. Mostly brown/tan in color.

Thought about eBay or Etsy also for them.

ROB K

Mar 5, 2015, 11:46:58 PM3/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure about price yet. He was just having me look for a place. If members are interested I can get some photos.

The leather is izit/Willow Tex - Oyster I think it is even the kind BMW is using on a few cars.

On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 7:40:22 PM UTC-6, BlackTalon wrote:
The faux leather i would like to see.  How much do you want for them?

On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Robert Kleeschulte <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
My work has a few 2-6 yd rolls and a larger 35yd roll of upholstery fabric. Didn't know of a place that would be interested in buying them. Mostly microfiber, cotton, suede, and faux leather. Mostly brown/tan in color.

Thought about eBay or Etsy also for them.

Ryan Williams

Mar 6, 2015, 12:41:32 AM3/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I know we have a few crafters around who may like to have a crack at it, so pictures would be great.

As far as places around, I know there are some upholstery and reupholstery places around that may be interested in buying fabric that is stuff they would have to originally work with, but they would probably want discounts as well - you may want to check the phone book listings.

Robert Kleeschulte

Mar 6, 2015, 12:43:40 PM3/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
This is a pain to get a good photo of, bad office lighting and shiny fabric.

Link has photos. Used the photo copier to get the the photos that give the best color. They are the PDF

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-4XBkaFXI9qYk9IUGZYeWJ1THc&usp=sharing

Pricing I will have to still get on this (bolt, weight or yard). These are luxury fabrics at around $40-$70 a yard our cost. They are old project fabrics that we would like to get rid of, but still get something for them.

On Thursday, March 5, 2015, ROB K <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure about price yet. He was just having me look for a place. If members are interested I can get some photos.

The leather is izit/Willow Tex - Oyster I think it is even the kind BMW is using on a few cars.

On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 7:40:22 PM UTC-6, BlackTalon wrote:
The faux leather i would like to see.  How much do you want for them?

On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Robert Kleeschulte <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
My work has a few 2-6 yd rolls and a larger 35yd roll of upholstery fabric. Didn't know of a place that would be interested in buying them. Mostly microfiber, cotton, suede, and faux leather. Mostly brown/tan in color.

Thought about eBay or Etsy also for them.

Deech

Mar 6, 2015, 12:59:38 PM3/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, lots of crafters have their own stash and resale on fabric remnants is next to null. If you find someone that's specifically looking for the stuff you have, you might get half what you paid.

I'd recommend Craigslist being your best bet. EBay a distant second. Etsy a dead last.