Aluminum Pour

Derek Sigler

Jul 19, 2017, 10:33:54 AM7/19/17
to Arch Reactor
I have some parts I need to pour by August 6th at the latest.  Would anyone else be interested in doing some casting?  It would have to bend around Myles or Sam's schedules as I do not feel qualified (nor do I have the reputation) for safety.  There probably will be a fee involved for materials, but the more people involved the lower the cost.  Speak up if you'd like to participate.
Thanks,
-derek

Morgan Miransky

Jul 19, 2017, 11:42:31 AM7/19/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Count me in

Myles Farrell

Jul 19, 2017, 11:50:57 AM7/19/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If I can get my patterns done in time I would be interested. Otherwise I can just help from an experience stand point. Costs shouldn't be too bad. A full heat up and multiple melt pour uses about one full bbq tank of propane, so ~$20. It's actually 2 halves as depressurizing the tanks so fast causes the valve to freeze up and we have to swap half way through. We currently have 2 halves and 1 full so if people want to toss 5 bucks each in the shop donation box I'll use that to refill the tanks after this pour.

redin...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2017, 6:04:42 PM7/19/17
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
I would like to watch if time allows. I'd even throw in 5 bucks.

Diane

Jul 19, 2017, 8:31:37 PM7/19/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm in if I can get my pattern done.

Which means I probably need a chat with Myles to understand how to make a proper pattern...

Diane <*>

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 5:04 PM, redin...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I would like to watch if time allows. I'd even throw in 5 bucks.

William Andersen

Jul 21, 2017, 7:34:58 PM7/21/17
to Arch Reactor, derek...@yahoo.com
Lindsay and I might be interested. I will talk to her. When it is scheduled for will also make a big difference.