Some job openings at Boeing

Deech

Mar 9, 2015, 11:22:33 AM3/9/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Heads up to anybody interested.

I was just alerted to these specifically.

http://jobs-boeing.com/search/global-ide

However, keep an eye out here:
http://jobs-boeing.com/missouri/engineering-operations-﹠-technology-it-jobs

New jobs are going to be posted constantly. There is a large influx of IT jobs coming into Boeing St. Louis due to consolidation efforts. Check every few days if you're seriously looking for a position.

The ones that I see the most people in this group may qualify for is the Versatile Technologist positions. That's your general purpose IT guy job. It's the most flexible and requires that "jack of all trades" sort of mentality. Programmer jobs are frequent as well.

They usually list by level. So, if you see 1-2 or 2-3, that means they are leaning towards entry level. If you see 3-4 that means they want someone with intermediate to significant experience and if they are looking specifically for a 4, you will need to demonstrate that you have the chops, because competition for Level 4 positions is pretty tough. (This is usually the highest level position they hire directly from the outside for. Level 5 and Level 6 positions exist, but you normally can't get those except for internal promotion.)

If you have ClearCase experience, by all means, keep an eye out and apply to those.

Boeing pays national average salary, so if you're curious about how much a job pays, check the national average for that type of IT work, it'll be in the ballpark. I can't give you specifics, so please don't ask.

Since a lot of applications are automated these days, Boeing can get upwards of 15,000 applications for any given public position. Most of those are automatically discarded through a filter if those CVs don't have the appropriate skill sets listed, so it's vital that you tailor your CV to the position you're applying for, do not just blast a standard basic CV at them. If you want to get past the first round, you must list your skills clearly, preferably right at the top and make sure they match up with the req. you're applying for.

One more thing to note, Boeing is notoriously slow. It may take a month before you hear anything, but you can make an account on the @Jobs website and keep an eye there. It will say "under consideration" if you still have a chance. I've seen job reqs take 3 months to fill. It's a long slog, but it's a good place to be.

-Deech