Radio Shack closings

Tom Blevins

Feb 21, 2015, 4:19:50 PM2/21/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have gone to about 6 locations with various amounts of inventory remaining. Today I visited the Festus Shack and I was blown away by the amount of items. This store is overstocked and everything thing is 30 to 50% off. They have little bits 30% off. They have 5 kinds of Bluetooth hheadsets. All kinds of maker and even some tv's.

Robert Kleeschulte

Feb 21, 2015, 6:08:53 PM2/21/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The one closest to me already cleared out a few weeks ago 50-80% off and it was empty when I went there.  I did get 3 of the tri led strips for $7.75 when I went.

On Saturday, February 21, 2015, Tom Blevins <topazc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have gone to about 6 locations with various amounts of inventory remaining. Today I visited the Festus Shack and I was blown away by the amount of items. This store is overstocked and everything thing is 30 to 50% off. They have little bits 30% off. They have 5 kinds of Bluetooth hheadsets. All kinds of maker and even some tv's.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Xsfx2000

Feb 21, 2015, 7:44:42 PM2/21/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

The one on St. Charles RockRoad in St. Ann is about 66% stocked.

Tom Blevins

Feb 21, 2015, 7:55:33 PM2/21/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have asked each store if they think they will become sprint stores or just close. (Radio Shacks' Corporate page says 1900+ stores will be turned to Sprint Radio Shack hybrid stores) Festus's manager said there was a list of stores to be closed and a list to be auctioned off they are on the list just to close.

On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 5:08:53 PM UTC-6, ROB K wrote:
The one closest to me already cleared out a few weeks ago 50-80% off and it was empty when I went there.  I did get 3 of the tri led strips for $7.75 when I went.

On Saturday, February 21, 2015, Tom Blevins <topazc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have gone to about 6 locations with various amounts of inventory remaining. Today I visited the Festus Shack and I was blown away by the amount of items. This store is overstocked and everything thing is 30 to 50% off. They have little bits 30% off. They have 5 kinds of Bluetooth headsets. All kinds of maker and even some tv's.

Morganism

Feb 23, 2015, 12:49:09 AM2/23/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 3:19:50 PM UTC-6, Tom Blevins wrote:
> I have gone to about 6 locations with various amounts of inventory remaining. Today I visited the Festus Shack and I was blown away by the amount of items. This store is overstocked and everything thing is 30 to 50% off. They have little bits 30% off. They have 5 kinds of Bluetooth hheadsets. All kinds of maker and even some tv's.

As of this afternoon, the Fenton store was pretty well picked over. I got a variety of resistors and a cell phone case for $1.50. There really was not much of real interest left.

Brad Tissi

Feb 23, 2015, 11:13:41 AM2/23/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I may have passed you. The Fenton store is currently set to close on Friday with a possibility of closing earlier. The Manchester store between 141 and 270 is set for Saturday at the moment.

I was still somehow about to spend $50 at the Manchester one despite the 80-90% off tags. So there may be some more useful things there, but not many. The Fenton store was much more cleaned out.

Deech

Feb 23, 2015, 11:34:57 AM2/23/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I went to the St. Ann RS yesterday and while they still had stuff, there wasn't a lot of impressive deals. The components and arduino stuff is still only 30% off, nothing too impressive.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
I may have passed you. The Fenton store is currently set to close on Friday with a possibility of closing earlier. The Manchester store between 141 and 270 is set for Saturday at the moment.

I was still somehow about to spend $50 at the Manchester one despite the 80-90% off tags. So there may be some more useful things there, but not many. The Fenton store was much more cleaned out.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 24, 2015, 4:54:25 AM2/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, de...@ninjacow.net
Please keep an eye out for sales on the littleBits. I'm not looking for anything in the 10-piece Base Kit or the 14-piece Premium Kit, but some of the newer individual modules or the Cloudbit Starter Kit, Arduino Coding Kit, Hardware Development Kit, Smart Home Kit, Synth Kit, Space Kit, Popular Science Super Bundle, at a good discount (50% or more) would certainly be worth it.  Some of the expansion packs, such as: Wireless, Logic, Loudspeaker, would be great. Individual Bits that we do not already have would be good choices, too.

Here is a list of individual modules that we don't have in our collection:

Input: Threshold, Temperature Sensor, Touch Sensor, MP3 Player, Sequencer, Synth Modules, Remote Trigger, Oscillator, Micro Sequencer, Delay, Mix, Random, Keyboard, Microphone, Envelope, Filter, Toggle Switch, Dimmer, Motion Trigger, Bend Sensor, and Time Out

Wire: Perf, Makey Makey, Proto Module, Cloudbit, Nand, Nor, Arduino, Xor, Double And, Wireless Transmitter, Wireless Receiver, Inverter, Latch, Split, Double Or, Fork,

Output: Number+, Number, IR LED, Light Wire, Synth Speaker, RGB LED, UV LED

Accessories: Craft Pack, Brick Adapter, Bitsnaps, USB Power Adapter/Cable, AC Switch, Tackle Box, Motormate, Shoes, Mounting Boards, Markers, Micro USB Cable.

Don't buy anything unless you plan on donating it to the littleBits collection or keeping it for your own use though. I DO NOt have any funds to reimburse you with at this point!

Please let me know if you see them on sale at a Radio Shack near you though.

Gene

Frank Kallal

Feb 24, 2015, 5:27:20 AM2/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Deech Mestel
I've been meaning to Check out the Local stare as it's on the Close list.  I'll do so today and follow up with you

Fk

Brad Tissi

Feb 24, 2015, 9:00:17 AM2/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
South country mall location is closed and is now an empty room.

Hroller McKnutt

Feb 24, 2015, 9:05:40 AM2/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
South County Mall, Watson, the one on Manchester closer to 270 (not the one further west, as far as I know), the RS at 97 in St. Peters, the Hampton RS... all closed and empty.

The St. Charles location on... Zumbehl, is a "liquidation store" which means they were set to close but instead are being kept open, when a store (like South County Mall) closes, whatever they have left is shipped to the liquidation stores, so it should be around for a while but it IS closing.

Several stores are not closing (Overland for one).

I know nothing about the Illinois side RS's

Mike
Spent WAYYYYY too much money in closing down RS stores...

Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda

Tom Blevins

Feb 24, 2015, 5:54:08 PM2/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, de...@ninjacow.net
I bought the cloud bit kit for myself at the Festus store at 40% off I am hoping to go back this week and see if any Kits are left.
-Tom

Brad Tissi

Feb 25, 2015, 9:19:41 AM2/25/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The Fenton store is now closing today.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 25, 2015, 9:28:34 AM2/25/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll be checking on the Collinsville store. They had a banner out that they were holding a closing sale, but I'm not sure if that meant this particular store or not.

Brad Tissi

Feb 25, 2015, 9:49:03 AM2/25/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Call the week of their stated closing. The guy at the Fenton store told me that yesterday would be the day to decide if the original Friday date was too late. Turns out it was.
If you want something that isn't selling due to price still (some odd ball things), he clued me in that they'll basically take any offer on the last day.

Frank Kallal

Feb 25, 2015, 7:39:14 PM2/25/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Alton Mall Store is Down to Fixtures and Only a couple of those left....

Brad Tissi

Feb 26, 2015, 4:16:49 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I ended up loading up my car with who-knows-what for $10 yesterday. Everything from a couple pieces of slatboard, and roller frames, to 7 socket, metal power strips that were hiding under all of their displays.
I wish that I had had a van to load because there was a couple nice work benches (er, that's what they could have been) and a back lit cell phone display that would have been great as well.

I can't use all of this, so some will end up at the space for sure.

Next up, prep and reload at Festus in a month. Anyone have a van and are flexible on storage/date (they changed the Fenton's closing date a few times)?

Tom Blevins

Feb 26, 2015, 9:31:16 PM2/26/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Everything at Festus is at least 40% off. The store clerk said the proposed last day was the end of March.

Brad Tissi

Mar 19, 2015, 6:42:31 PM3/19/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Littlebits at 80% off at the Festus radio shack. Still have the space kit, Arduino, and cloud, along with a bunch of parts.

Brad Tissi

Mar 19, 2015, 6:52:50 PM3/19/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just picked up the cloud kit, a stand alone Arduino and the keyboard.

All going to the space, Gene 😊