Mbot one bot per kid kickstarter what do you think?

Yakko Warner

May 5, 2015, 2:19:21 PM5/5/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1818505613/mbot-49-educational-robot-for-each-kid?ref=city

#{project_title}'s video poster
1,533
backers
$155,432
pledged of $20,000 goal
12
days to go

This project will be funded on .

ONE ROBOT PER KID. mBot is the easiest educational robot for kids to learn programming, Arduino and robotics.

Yakko Warner

May 6, 2015, 1:23:12 PM5/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I guess that no one thinks it's worth getting I already donated my money. ;-)

Chris Weiss

May 6, 2015, 2:19:47 PM5/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it does seem like a good deal.

Deech

May 6, 2015, 2:48:18 PM5/6/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Anybody want to go in on a set of these?
$49 gets us 1
$95 gets us 2
$140 gets us 3.
$229 gets us 5 with the classroom 2.5gHz module (easier pairing for the classroom)

I think they'd be fantastic for on the road robotics classes or to offer to a local school for an AR visit.

I'll throw in $50 for the first one.

-Deech

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
it does seem like a good deal.

Yakko Warner

May 7, 2015, 3:40:11 PM5/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
don't forget about freight....

also kickstarter has 9 days to go.

software is flash based so windows or Mac maybe a pi2 with win10 ???
$64 for one w/ freight

FYI

Deech

May 7, 2015, 4:51:06 PM5/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I didn't see that. Oh well. that's fine. We can still get a group together. I'm waiting to see if anyone else wants to go in, I'm not going to get just one, that's a small and boring class.

Myles Farrell

May 7, 2015, 5:29:45 PM5/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
i am not going to say no, if you guys want to get them i think they will make great teaching tools and we can never have enough of those. But i did include the price for 6 of something similar in the Boeing ECF grant proposal which i think we still have a good chance of getting and which we should hear back about sometime this month.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1715

Myles