arangodb new documentation

Zackie de Beer

Jun 25, 2014, 1:00:02 AM6/25/14
to aran...@googlegroups.com
With the new documentation where can I find just the plain old API reference for arangosh javascript commands and for Foxx applications. Its not fun opening arangosh and typing help to get parameters and functions descriptions. The Foxx section in the new documentation is nice but if I just want to look up a function description quickly I find it difficult.

Thomas Schmidts

Jun 25, 2014, 3:13:49 AM6/25/14
to aran...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure which old API reference you mean. For Arangosh javascript you can look at chapter 25 (http://docs.arangodb.org/ModuleJavaScript/README.html) or at chapter 2.3 (http://docs.arangodb.org/Arangosh/README.html). Can you give me a hint what kind of references you are asking for?

We are always try to make our documentation better. How do you think the Foxx section could be clearer to look up function descriptions?

Cheers, Thomas

Zackie de Beer

Jun 25, 2014, 2:57:20 PM6/25/14
to aran...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas, I was using the arangodb nodejs driver before and I was thinking of it when I said "plain old API reference" here is the link http://www.arangodb.org/manuals-javascript/master/ I was hoping to find something similar for the arangosh commands like db, fm, collection, etc.

I like the new documentation and it is very clear, espacially when getting started. I just got stuck when I quickly wanted to check the arguments of a function in arangosh. "fm.install()" to be precise.

Regards

Frank Celler

Jun 27, 2014, 6:51:31 AM6/27/14
to aran...@googlegroups.com
Ok, good point. I think only the command-line interface for Foxx Manager is described - but not the functions available in arangosh.